Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
It’s going to be close tonight lad for sure. Short race, flat course, team event. Just do everything to be that team that finishes just ahead. Don’t be that team that finishes a second behind. Remember that. Last 2km. Keep going. You can takeout lose a place by a second. some of these guys won’t have the heart and will start listening to their legs. Show them the heart!!

VAMOS!!!

Pfft!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry mate I know you’re not a fan of the last 2km...

steverob

Guru
If you're on the back of your group when you reach the twisty-turny bit of the course towards the end, watch out that you don't drop out of the draft at each corner.

In one of the IRL Without Borders races, I was in a group of four as we reached that part of the course (been dropped from the main group at the Aqueduct) and I was hanging on a bit at the back, but had still been able to stay with the group until we reached that section. I then had to keep on surging to stay with this group, as I'd lose the draft effect every time the group turned, even though I was still within touching distance of the wheel in front of me. It would say on screen "Close the Gap" with 2-3 metres listed at every bend (and sometimes would remove the draft completely, even if only very briefly) and I did notice the difference each time in terms of my speed dropping. It meant that I was probably having to put out the same sort of watts as the guy on the front to keep with them; it was better to be in one of the middle places.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
#23 are in the C pen so that means banner drop at 1947, then our 10 minute start delay sees us off at 1957. I’ll be aiming to be on warming up round 1930 with Coco Cadence 🥰

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'll make sure I'm online at 7:45 and free-riding on the France course, then try to use Fan View to view one of the group. If I can, then I'll be able to record from there. If it won't let me, I'll try again after 7:53 and see if I can get you as you are coming out of the pen.

Ta Steve!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'll make sure I'm online at 7:45 and free-riding on the France course, then try to use Fan View to view one of the group. If I can, then I'll be able to record from there. If it won't let me, I'll try again after 7:53 and see if I can get you as you are coming out of the pen.

Nice 1 Steve. Norry is recording for us so if you can film #68 that’d be ace.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It was a sad day to see the end of a Grand tour champion. Chris Froome lost 11 mins today- Vuelta.

He has done remarkably well to get into decent fitness, but at the pinnacle of sport, slight dip in performance is fatal. I always thought such a serious accident would end his Grand tour aspirations.

I hope he has better success with a new team and more racing in the future

Top Bottom