Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Great effort from Team #23 - well done guys :bravo:

Sadly a man down due to technical difficulties for @peterob but for our first TTT together I think we did really well 👍

Now the anxious wait for the results...

How did it go team #68?

mjd1988

Guru
Team #68 smashed it.

Regardless of whatever the time ends up being, we caught the group in front and didn't get overtaken. Massive result.

Everyone did their part and we only really fractured slightly on the climb but @Spartak (I think it was) docked back on after a big effort and immediately did a turn. @JLaw it's never nice being the first to go but you held on for ages, did lots of turns and that's how we caught that group; great effort.

Nice having a team car as well!

steverob

Guru
How did it go team #68?
They did incredibly well. I make their time about 37:10 - caught and overtook one group while still on the flat stuff and no-one else caught them (or was even close to doing so). Finished as a group of four: @Ketty, @mjd1988, @bobinski & @Joffey, with @Spartak only dropped in the last mile and @JLaw hanging on until the Aqueduct.

Video being uploaded as I speak. Got a bit fancy with the camera angles towards the end...

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
They did incredibly well. I make their time about 37:10 - caught and overtook one group while still on the flat stuff and no-one else caught them (or was even close to doing so). Finished as a group of four: @Ketty, @mjd1988, @bobinski & @Joffey, with @Spartak only dropped in the last mile and @JLaw hanging on until the Aqueduct.

Video being uploaded as I speak. Got a bit fancy with the camera angles towards the end...
Great work everyone. Apart from losing a small bit of time at the start I don’t think we could have hoped for better. Bad luck Pete with the technical. I just looked at my HR graph and it’s not a pretty sight 🥵

BurningLegs

Veteran
What was the technical? I’ve had my power meter go into sleep mode during the long wait with no pedalling before which was stressful! Perhaps something similar here??

bobinski

Legendary Member
Team #68 smashed it.

Regardless of whatever the time ends up being, we caught the group in front and didn't get overtaken. Massive result.

Everyone did their part and we only really fractured slightly on the climb but @Spartak (I think it was) docked back on after a big effort and immediately did a turn. @JLaw it's never nice being the first to go but you held on for ages, did lots of turns and that's how we caught that group; great effort.

Nice having a team car as well!

Agreed.
Our time reflects the effort Jeff put in for the first 12km or so. Isn’t it great blasting through a team ? 😁 Well done all on a great effort.

Alongo

Guru
Yeah , I think we went really well for a first time. Don’t know what’s going on with Discord cos I could hear you and you could hear me and as soon as we got going I couldn’t hear anything , just had Tommy avatar lit the the green ring round it all the time but couldnt hear anything. Had a brainwave to give the elbow out gesture on Companion app to signal my turn was done , don’t know if you noticed and watched carefully for watts to drop on rider in front before moving through . I felt I went okay despite this . Do you guys use Discord through your phones , that’s what I was using , ive tried about four different pairs of earphones-hopefully get sorted before next TTT. Good riding everyone and great fun.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah , I think we went really well for a first time. Don’t know what’s going on with Discord cos I could hear you and you could hear me and as soon as we got going I couldn’t hear anything , just had Tommy avatar lit the the green ring round it all the time but couldnt hear anything. Had a brainwave to give the elbow out gesture on Companion app to signal my turn was done , don’t know if you noticed and watched carefully for watts to drop on rider in front before moving through . I felt I went okay despite this . Do you guys use Discord through your phones , that’s what I was using , ive tried about four different pairs of earphones-hopefully get sorted before next TTT. Good riding everyone and great fun.
Yeah I use my phone too but my discord also stopped working with 6km to go - discord always seems to fail on me at some point like that 😕

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah , I think we went really well for a first time. Don’t know what’s going on with Discord cos I could hear you and you could hear me and as soon as we got going I couldn’t hear anything , just had Tommy avatar lit the the green ring round it all the time but couldnt hear anything. Had a brainwave to give the elbow out gesture on Companion app to signal my turn was done , don’t know if you noticed and watched carefully for watts to drop on rider in front before moving through . I felt I went okay despite this . Do you guys use Discord through your phones , that’s what I was using , ive tried about four different pairs of earphones-hopefully get sorted before next TTT. Good riding everyone and great fpun.

Andy you were class tonight mate. Kept the line and then big turns on the front again and again. I didn’t see your elbow but I was keeping an eye on the power number to know when to come through. Martin too really put it all out there tonight. Great stuff! Running on empty and still put out one last big push on the front. Alan and Bridgy doing what alan and bridgy do of course! I think that went pretty well. First go, pistol Pete to come back next time. Got to be pretty pleased!

a well done to the boys in #68. Looking forward to seeing the video. It’s sounds like you guys worked very well together too 👍👍

peterob

Veteran
What was the technical? I’ve had my power meter go into sleep mode during the long wait with no pedalling before which was stressful! Perhaps something similar here??
Full internet outage happened whilst waiting in the pen a few mins before our allotted start time. Gutting 🤨

Got it going after mesh and router restarts but 10 mins had elapsed.Rode the course though just in case a time was needed.

Network has been rock solid whilst working from home the last 7 months. Bad timing tonight though I guess.

Watched the rest of team #23 whilst I completed my lonely ride. Everyone played a full part until the end with 4 crossing the finishing line together in approx 35 mins.

Well done guys. I’m gutted I missed it 🤗

steverob

Guru
CycleChat #68 in action:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loT0dNoJtno

My original intent was to mainly show the ride from the forward viewpoint of whoever was at the back of the group, but occasionally switch to the backward facing view of the rider at the front if I felt it would be better. Then about halfway round I decide to go all Stanley Kubrick and try something a little different - hopefully it's not too avant-garde for you. I promise I did still record the ride - you don't miss anything!

Also look out for the solo rider riding past the group in the wrong direction at two points during the race. That would be me, pootling around the same course but anti-clockwise, at about 1.8 w/kg with trainer difficulty turned down to 10% (because I had no idea as to where I was on the course while watching the TTT, so it's a little unfair for me to have to deal with any hills).

Top Bottom