Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uclown2002

Guru
Just done my first Zwift ride. I found the hills easier than bkool - as in less resistance. However, I don't know if that meant I went quicker - I could just stay in a higher gear. Definitely noticed how much smoother the slope transitions were, but I couldn't see the kind of graphic you get on bkool telling you what slope was coming up - don't know if I am missing something?

I will be interested in trying some races with lots of competitors, although I actually think I would prefer to do a non-race ride in bkool. I think Bkool looks nicer (although that could be just that I'm more used to it!) and the variety of courses and the video rides done at my own pace appeal more than riding in groups for me.

Anyway, I'll be back!

The profile is in top right of screen.

bridgy

Legendary Member
The profile is in top right of screen.
Ah ok - I saw that but didn't find it too clear as to where I was on it, but I will look a bit closer next time. Thanks

uclown2002

Guru
Xk09E_kHTxxxbvxk1dM-Sg.jpe

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Bridgy there are no radical changes in slopes. The profile gives you an indication that you are either going up or down next. There is also a full course profile which appears to give you a look at what is coming along. The profile transitions from local around you to full course.

The list of riders are who are near you. It indicates their current effort in W/Kg so can see when they are pushing or cruising. It also gives you and idea of their weight. If i overtake riders with ease going downhill, i know they can be a handful going uphill :smile:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well done Paul. I hope you don't feel tarnished in some way^_^

When you set things up did you set difficulty at 100%? All it does is affect the need to change gears as the road goes up. So at the default of 50% it's easier to spin up a hill while at 100% you are more likely to need to grind out. So 14% feels like 7%. Zwift automatically keeps your speed the same whatever setting you choose by identifying your power output. This allows people with trainers that too out at 7% to ride with people that have neos that top out at 20% I use 75% on social 2w/kg rides or I end up have to grind out to high a gear which will take me to 3-4w/kg.

Surprised you think bkool looks better. Settings can be altered or scaled to a range of equipment.I think bkool has its moments. Both are old school pc games graphics but I think overall Zwift has richer and more convincing detail especially in Watopia.
While I enjoy being on a course with loads of riders you can install an add on to change courses and so be on a course where you will see very few riders. I like the fact there are lots of riders around but appreciate it is not for everyone.
If you do have another look then why not hook up with some of us for a ride? You could get another trial using a different email address.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
ZSUN chaingang tonight at 7.10pm 3-3.5w/kg 4w/kg up hills it's on the London classique course so I think no box hill 30 miles.
Who shall I see there?
Is that 'A' Cat, it will be too pacey to hang in there? Are other categories in there as well? There are two Kiss ride A/B and C/D 5 mins apart at 7PM

bobinski

Legendary Member
ZSUN chaingang tonight at 7.10pm 3-3.5w/kg 4w/kg up hills it's on the London classique course so I think no box hill 30 miles.
Who shall I see there?

You might see me there IF it goes up box hill. I can hold the pace knowing many slow on the hill but otherwise may find another ride.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Paul the big group rides/races are fantastic, just like road(apart from you cant fall off:laugh:) The group moves around like a swarm, you need to keep an eye on position, soon as you drop out of the pack its really hard to get back on.

To recognise who you are in the pack, is at first a little confusing if you all wearing the same outfit( these change from each team). The screen moves around and keep your icon/rider central in the screen, whilst in the pack you look like your riding on the hoods whilst everyone else is on the drops. This indicates you're drafting and can ease off the power a little.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done Paul. I hope you don't feel tarnished in some way^_^

When you set things up did you set difficulty at 100%? All it does is affect the need to change gears as the road goes up. So at the default of 50% it's easier to spin up a hill while at 100% you are more likely to need to grind out. So 14% feels like 7%. Zwift automatically keeps your speed the same whatever setting you choose by identifying your power output. This allows people with trainers that too out at 7% to ride with people that have neos that top out at 20% I use 75% on social 2w/kg rides or I end up have to grind out to high a gear which will take me to 3-4w/kg.

Surprised you think bkool looks better. Settings can be altered or scaled to a range of equipment.I think bkool has its moments. Both are old school pc games graphics but I think overall Zwift has richer and more convincing detail especially in Watopia.
While I enjoy being on a course with loads of riders you can install an add on to change courses and so be on a course where you will see very few riders. I like the fact there are lots of riders around but appreciate it is not for everyone.
If you do have another look then why not hook up with some of us for a ride? You could get another trial using a different email address.
That actually explains a lot Bob - because it felt like the resistance on a 7% hill for example wasn't anything as tough as Bkool, but a quick glance at my speed did suggest I was going just as slowly as I normally would!

I haven't changed any settings - where do I do this? I have looked on the app and the sim and can't find anywhere to do it? Do most of you guys tend to stick with the default setting or change it to 100%?

bridgy

Legendary Member
That actually explains a lot Bob - because it felt like the resistance on a 7% hill for example wasn't anything as tough as Bkool, but a quick glance at my speed did suggest I was going just as slowly as I normally would!

I haven't changed any settings - where do I do this? I have looked on the app and the sim and can't find anywhere to do it? Do most of you guys tend to stick with the default setting or change it to 100%?
Don't worry - found where to change it now!

Breedon

Legendary Member
TUESDAY, MARCH 28TH
7:15PM BST

ZSUN Chain Gang Ride (33.6 mi / 54 km)
zsun.jpg

DESCRIPTION
ZSUN Chain Gang. This ride is a medium to fast paced training ride.

Riders must be able to maintain 210 Watts on the flat and between 3.5 & 4.0w/kg on the hills

There will be no sprinting with the objective to remain as tight as possible for the full ride distance.

Please follow the ride leader's instructions and text if you need any help.

Join us on facebook groups: ZSUN https://www.facebook.com/groups/985532344865361/

Our Discord voice service can be found

@ https://discord.gg/pj2WVqn

Please use Push to Talk to avoid echo feedback.
GROUPS

LAPS
Route:London Classique

I don't think you do go up box hill

For me it's a case of hanging on for long as possible

It's cat A

Top Bottom