Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member

I raise you a :ohmy: and give you a :eek:

That is serious nice almost pretty for TT bike.

bobinski

Legendary Member
How much is cheap is this solely for the neo.

Based around 105 5800 so not too spendy and I could probably cope with alloy. I have a kinesis pro6 disc for commuting with Hand built wheels and a dynamo hub. I just cannot enjoy it. 3 yrs now and it is just rigid and uncomfortable even with new 32m tyres. So thinking of selling and using defy disc all year round with TT bike for a bit of time trialing and also on Zwift.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
43 now 44 in may the 13th to be exact

Just out of shorts then , with Tommy still in his :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Feck, they are all so young :angry:

Re TT bike, yep I might just get some bars.

Commuted today. Lungs fine. Legs still tight and sore. I really should have warmed down and stretched Saturday but under a lot of pressure to finish and get on with family stuff.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Based around 105 5800 so not too spendy and I could probably cope with alloy. I have a kinesis pro6 disc for commuting with Hand built wheels and a dynamo hub. I just cannot enjoy it. 3 yrs now and it is just rigid and uncomfortable even with new 32m tyres. So thinking of selling and using defy disc all year round with TT bike for a bit of time trialing and also on Zwift.

Did you have a rough budget in mind Bob? If you don't mind the 2nd hand route there's plenty of bargains to be had.

bridgy

Legendary Member
If its any help I have been using my power meter on Zwift with the Bkool trainer just in charge of changing the resistance. After doing this for about 3 months I did a ride using the Bkool as the power meter. I'd say they average out similar but hills were definitely harder on the bkool yet flats were faster. Pretty much the same as I found in the Bkool software. Each Bkool trainer seems to behave that little bit differently as I always thought I was handicapped on the hills with mine!
Just done my first Zwift ride. I found the hills easier than bkool - as in less resistance. However, I don't know if that meant I went quicker - I could just stay in a higher gear. Definitely noticed how much smoother the slope transitions were, but I couldn't see the kind of graphic you get on bkool telling you what slope was coming up - don't know if I am missing something?

I will be interested in trying some races with lots of competitors, although I actually think I would prefer to do a non-race ride in bkool. I think Bkool looks nicer (although that could be just that I'm more used to it!) and the variety of courses and the video rides done at my own pace appeal more than riding in groups for me.

Anyway, I'll be back!

Top Bottom