Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
So my 1 point didn’t really matter and I could of taken an early bath? 😭😭😭
I'll admit that one of the reasons I did this was because I wanted to see if my 4 points for #68 made any difference to the overall result. Turns out it didn't, but I'm glad I rode nonetheless.

That's why I compiled/posted #68's results first, then went and did it for CCCT (as they'll be my team for the rest of the season) and only got round to #23 afterwards.

BurningLegs

Veteran
CycleChat #23's league:
View attachment 568837

Looks like that's going to be a much tougher division... :sad:
Great work @steverob !

We were talking about the quality of the field on discord on Tuesday. We are in the same number league (2 I think?) but because the number of leagues has increased last season that meant racing in the top 1/3 of B Cat and this season it means riding in the top 1/5 or similar. I think @Norry1 had the proper numbers?

Either way - I found the race on Tuesday to be okay. I felt competitive. I only did two events in 23 last season and got dropped in both 🤷‍♂️

I think the aim for 23 this season is to consolidate our position in this league and race into form as the season progresses 🙂

bobinski

Legendary Member
Great work @steverob !

We were talking about the quality of the field on discord on Tuesday. We are in the same number league (2 I think?) but because the number of leagues has increased last season that meant racing in the top 1/3 of B Cat and this season it means riding in the top 1/5 or similar. I think @Norry1 had the proper numbers?

Either way - I found the race on Tuesday to be okay. I felt competitive. I only did two events in 23 last season and got dropped in both 🤷‍♂️

I think the aim for 23 this season is to consolidate our position in this league and race into form as the season progresses 🙂

i remember when Legs used to ride for #68...😢

Norry1

Legendary Member
Great work @steverob !

The B Division is now split into 8 rather than 6 last season. So B2 in theory is the bottom half of the top quarter.

Last edited:

Ketty

Über Member
I'll admit that one of the reasons I did this was because I wanted to see if my 4 points for #68 made any difference to the overall result. Turns out it didn't, but I'm glad I rode nonetheless.

That's why I compiled/posted #68's results first, then went and did it for CCCT (as they'll be my team for the rest of the season) and only got round to #23 afterwards.
They did make a difference and will help our end of season total. 4 more than those teams with 5 riders. Thanks again Steve.

Norry1

Legendary Member
They did make a difference and will help our end of season total. 4 more than those teams with 5 riders. Thanks again Steve.

Not so unfortunately. Those points get converted to placing points - which is what goes into the league.

Doesn't change the fact that it COULD have made a difference and you have to go into every race giving it the best shot :okay:

Ketty

Über Member
Not so unfortunately. Those points get converted to placing points - which is what goes into the league.

Doesn't change the fact that it COULD have made a difference and you have to go into every race giving it the best shot :okay:
Ah. I see.
Thanks @Norry1 - agree re giving it your best :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Covid update

I've now got my antibody test results back from Lloyds online doctor website to see if I have had Covid previously

The results are I've got antibodies, just like the wife. We suspected our illness before Xmas was the point we came into contact with Covid.

Our symptoms were cold like symptoms, with a bad headache, followed by aching ribcage.

My positive Covid test yesterday is probably remnants of the virus lingering. The PCR Covid test is extremely sensitive and you only need a miniscule amount of viris to be present to get a positive result for Covid

The other option is I've caught a second bout of Covid in very short order :wacko:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Covid update

I've now got my antibody test results back from Lloyds online doctor website to see if I have had Covid previously

The results are I've got antibodies, just like the wife. We suspected our illness before Xmas was the point we came into contact with Covid.

Our symptoms were cold like symptoms, with a bad headache, followed by aching ribcage.

My positive Covid test yesterday is probably remnants of the virus lingering. The PCR Covid test is extremely sensitive and you only need a miniscule amount of viris to be present to get a positive result for Covid

The other option is I've caught a second bout of Covid in very short order :wacko:

So kind of good news! I find it all very interesting. Funnily enough yesterday I got a letter to be part of the antibody test study so hopefully soon I will know if I have them too.

I'm sure I had it back in March but I am not sure if the antibodies will last this long. I hope I did have it as it would explain a lot of the issues I have had ever since like a bad chest and dizziness.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
So kind of good news! I find it all very interesting. Funnily enough yesterday I got a letter to be part of the antibody test study so hopefully soon I will know if I have them too.

I'm sure I had it back in March but I am not sure if the antibodies will last this long. I hope I did have it as it would explain a lot of the issues I have had ever since like a bad chest and dizziness.

We have a doctor in the family, she said after a virus infection, the host can keep shedding dead virus for 90 days or more. Its not infectious just present. She believes this is the most obvious reason for my positive Covid test.

The research, suggests once you've had Covid and recovered most have immunity for around 20 weeks. Hence why some folk have got a second often less problematic Covid infection later in the year. Its all early research so nothing definitive

Top Bottom