Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
😄

I would but he’s running out of cycling platforms to hide on Randy. Maybe I let him keep bkool for this week. I’m going to start racing again next week so this is his official notice! :evil:
😄

I would but he’s running out of cycling platforms to hide on Randy. Maybe I let him keep bkool for this week. I’m going to start racing again next week so this is his official notice! :evil:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Why you getting rid of everything ?
got any hand me downs from when you were a normal size 👍

BurningLegs

Veteran
Does anyone here use Wahoo's power match feature? Or use a Kickr Snap??

I've lost faith in my turbo (entry level Tacx Flow that I've had for over 4 years now anyway) and considering a Wahoo Kickr Snap which could deliver the following benefits over my current turbo:
  • Increased maximum resistance and simulated incline (max 800W / 6% vs 1500W/14% on Snap)
  • Reliability (current turbo has a problem with ERG/resistance flapping - 1hr workout was very tricky last night)
  • Ability to pair directly with Apple TV (currently pair three bluetooth devices through companion app, Wahoo trainers can pair with power meters via ANT+ and then disable their own power recording. This means only two bluetooth devices need to pair)
  • Improved power sync and stability (Zwift has always struggled to keep power stable in ERG mode with combination of current trainer and power meter, Wahoo's power match feature means it will read power from power meter and do the resistance calc itself and apparently it is much better than Zwift's algorithm/performance)
@mjd1988 - am I right in thinking you use a Kickr Snap? Any opinions to share?

My biggest challenge at the moment is trying to find somewhere with stock! Literally everywhere I've looked is out of stock right now, so signed up for lots of stock alerts and got my fingers crossed. Think my current turbo will be fine for the relatively stable efforts of the TTT on Tuesday, but it let me down in the scratch race this week which was really frustrating.

kipster

Guru
I use a kickr snap, although with a laptop and not atv. I've never had a problem with workouts or erg mode, but I have connected it via Bluetooth and ant+ without any problems.

I haven't heard of powermatch but I don't have a power meter.

mjd1988

Guru
Does anyone here use Wahoo's power match feature? Or use a Kickr Snap??

I've lost faith in my turbo (entry level Tacx Flow that I've had for over 4 years now anyway) and considering a Wahoo Kickr Snap which could deliver the following benefits over my current turbo:
  • Increased maximum resistance and simulated incline (max 800W / 6% vs 1500W/14% on Snap)
  • Reliability (current turbo has a problem with ERG/resistance flapping - 1hr workout was very tricky last night)
  • Ability to pair directly with Apple TV (currently pair three bluetooth devices through companion app, Wahoo trainers can pair with power meters via ANT+ and then disable their own power recording. This means only two bluetooth devices need to pair)
  • Improved power sync and stability (Zwift has always struggled to keep power stable in ERG mode with combination of current trainer and power meter, Wahoo's power match feature means it will read power from power meter and do the resistance calc itself and apparently it is much better than Zwift's algorithm/performance)
@mjd1988 - am I right in thinking you use a Kickr Snap? Any opinions to share?

My biggest challenge at the moment is trying to find somewhere with stock! Literally everywhere I've looked is out of stock right now, so signed up for lots of stock alerts and got my fingers crossed. Think my current turbo will be fine for the relatively stable efforts of the TTT on Tuesday, but it let me down in the scratch race this week which was really frustrating.

Really solid unit, only really have a dumb trainer to compare it too but of all my technical issues I don't think the snap has been to blame. Certainly pairs very quickly and well with apple TV and is v responsive.

I'm not a fan of erg mode in general and I dont know if that's related to trainer or my low cadence/hatred of structured workouts

Getting your hands on one may be tricky but you never know

berty bassett

Legendary Member
not wishing to get the name 'splitter' but afraid i am off
cancelled zwift and moved back to bkool and rgt
just done a 12 stage race on rgt and afraid i am addicted
will still come here solely to pester certain people but wont be on zwift for the forseeable
i can understand you lot enjoying the serieses - they do draw you in dont they
all cats can race together as a team or solo in this other place instead of being expelled for trying hard - not that i am bitter ^_^

will still come here solely to pester certain people but wont be on zwift for the forseeable
all cats can race together as a team or solo in this other place instead of being expelled for trying hard - not that i am bitter ^_^
Don’t think you ll be the only one mate. RGT seems to be picking up some steam. 👍🏼

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Just when I was about to make my comeback :laugh:

Enjoy RGt :okay:

I may dabble with BigringVR

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just when I was about to make my comeback :laugh:

Enjoy RGt :okay:

I may dabble with BigringVR
I really enjoy BRVR for solo riding (although I do add other riders as a target to beat). Not just climbs these days, some good rolling courses too. They also have monthly challenges plus one that runs all year ( a goats league). I use BRVR as my training/fitness platform and will use Zwift mostly for racing.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I really enjoy BRVR for solo riding (although I do add other riders as a target to beat). Not just climbs these days, some good rolling courses too. They also have monthly challenges plus one that runs all year ( a goats league). I use BRVR as my training/fitness platform and will use Zwift mostly for racing.

Im still shaking off the cough so will be a bit longer. How many rides gas BRVR got these days Carl?

Monthly subscription?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

You can run but you can’t hide! :bicycle:

Actually... thinking about it, you’re probably quite a good hider...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Im still shaking off the cough so will be a bit longer. How many rides gas BRVR got these days Carl?

Monthly subscription?
I paid a yearly sub, think it was something like £90

Wasn't sure how many rides so just had a look - when you search there are 10 rides per page and 43 pages, so 430 rides.

What I tend to do if looking to ride time rather than speed, is pick a ride that will take about 90 mins (for example) at an average of 185 watts (for example). When the ride starts I hit the E key to set ERG mode, set the power (up/down arrows) and just pedal away. I really enjoy using BRVR like that.

Could work for you as you're getting your chest back, set the watts at a nice easy level. There are a few downhill courses so good for warm up and cool down too.

Top Bottom