Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Cheers Carl it was part 2 as I did the other part yesterday but had to stop because of my back, but I was surprised to see you reminded me of the old days 😀 legs must of ached more than I thought :laugh:.
It was spooky as you just popped up in front of me - I thought you'd found a secret way to join someone else's ride where they were on the course. In the old days i'd have only seen you on the start line but not again until the end as you'd have been off like a bullet, although that downhill section certainly helped me ^_^ Gravity was on my side :mrpig:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I paid a yearly sub, think it was something like £90

Wasn't sure how many rides so just had a look - when you search there are 10 rides per page and 43 pages, so 430 rides.

What I tend to do if looking to ride time rather than speed, is pick a ride that will take about 90 mins (for example) at an average of 185 watts (for example). When the ride starts I hit the E key to set ERG mode, set the power (up/down arrows) and just pedal away. I really enjoy using BRVR like that.

Could work for you as you're getting your chest back, set the watts at a nice easy level. There are a few downhill courses so good for warm up and cool down too.
BRVR will run Zwift zwo workouts. Go to Zwofactory for a few training plans. It's what I use for the most part.

Once you finish the workout the video continues to play @0% in sim mode. Power output, with displayed gradient, dictates speed for the remainder of the ride.

I have a ride in the UK list I have to complete but have yet to do a workout long enough to do it. The last few k's are vertical >20%

BurningLegs

Veteran
Seems to be a bit of momentum building in Zexit here (sorry, I know that is cringey!)

Kind of normal during the summer but unusual at this time of year. Seems like Zwift should see these early leavers as a canary in the mine but if I'm brutally honest I think they won't even notice. Net new subscribers will surely still be through the roof and if anything they're more likely to see it as a vindication of their strategy than a warning bell. 🤔

Norry1

Legendary Member
Seems to be a bit of momentum building in Zexit here (sorry, I know that is cringey!)

Kind of normal during the summer but unusual at this time of year. Seems like Zwift should see these early leavers as a canary in the mine but if I'm brutally honest I think they won't even notice. Net new subscribers will surely still be through the roof and if anything they're more likely to see it as a vindication of their strategy than a warning bell. 🤔

I'm loving ZEXIT ^_^

Good analysis Nick. Let's see how accurate your assessment is.

I'm having a bit of a schizophrenic time regarding Zwift. I really want them to succeed and I love much of what they have done. However the blatant commercial rush in pursuit of IPO and their seeming blind spot regarding some basic requirements (particularly for racers) drive me up the wall. As Nick says, they probably don't care because racers only make up a small percentage of their users but I think they may lose a lot of them if they don't rectify things quickly.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm loving ZEXIT ^_^

Good analysis Nick. Let's see how accurate your assessment is.

I'm having a bit of a schizophrenic time regarding Zwift. I really want them to succeed and I love much of what they have done. However the blatant commercial rush in pursuit of IPO and their seeming blind spot regarding some basic requirements (particularly for racers) drive me up the wall. As Nick says, they probably don't care because racers only make up a small percentage of their users but I think they may lose a lot of them if they don't rectify things quickly.

Im not sure it’s that they don’t care, or that they’re blind to it. I think maybe they’ve made calculated choices that aren’t in line with lots of the people that race?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Im not sure it’s that they don’t care, or that they’re blind to it. I think maybe they’ve made calculated choices that aren’t in line with lots of the people that race?

Yep agreed.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

Joffey

Big Dosser
The most enjoyable part of Zwift for me is (cringe) The Community, this place included. I worry that despite Zwift not being perfect the more that leave, the worse the community gets. If I was to leave and not have ZRL and our CycleChat teams I'd probably lose a lot of my motivation for other platforms and cycling in real life.

Zwift has been one of the best things that I've 'done' cycling wise. From starting out as a Greenhorn in January 2020 in the Splitters and getting to know you all, being on Instagram Live with Mark Cavendish on a Zwift group ride, getting fitter, dragging @Ketty kicking and screaming onto Zwift, winning cat D races, getting promoted to Cat C, doing ZRL, winning a Cat C TT and topping it off with a ZRL top 10 last week and starting a ZRL team. I'm not sure another platform could have enabled me to do all of that so for now Zwift has my loyalty.

I know it's different strokes for different folks but I feel sad as people get disillusioned and go elsewhere. Some names I know, some i don't. I do wonder though if people got more involved if they would enjoy it more? Who knows. Maybe not. People aren't the same and some just like doing their own thing. I get that :okay:

To those who are leaving, so long. To those that are staying, LETS SMASH IT TONIGHT :hyper:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
The most enjoyable part of Zwift for me is (cringe) The Community, this place included. I worry that despite Zwift not being perfect the more that leave, the worse the community gets. If I was to leave and not have ZRL and our CycleChat teams I'd probably lose a lot of my motivation for other platforms and cycling in real life.

Zwift has been one of the best things that I've 'done' cycling wise. From starting out as a Greenhorn in January 2020 in the Splitters and getting to know you all, being on Instagram Live with Mark Cavendish on a Zwift group ride, getting fitter, dragging @Ketty kicking and screaming onto Zwift, winning cat D races, getting promoted to Cat C, doing ZRL, winning a Cat C TT and topping it off with a ZRL top 10 last week and starting a ZRL team. I'm not sure another platform could have enabled me to do all of that so for now Zwift has my loyalty.

I know it's different strokes for different folks but I feel sad as people get disillusioned and go elsewhere. Some names I know, some i don't. I do wonder though if people got more involved if they would enjoy it more? Who knows. Maybe not. People aren't the same and some just like doing their own thing. I get that :okay:

To those who are leaving, so long. To those that are staying, LETS SMASH IT TONIGHT :hyper:

I think you’re probably over thinking it a little to be honest mate. None of these platforms are mutually exclusive after all. And variety is the spice of life as they say.

Zwift have been very clever in creating the world they have. A new world, a unique identity. Even some new vocabulary. It sort of wraps its arms around people if they need it to. But to be honest it still makes me cringe a bit when I hear people telling each other to ‘ride on’. I love the competition and I’ve made some really good friends via this forum. But it doesn’t really matter to me which platform I race on so long as it’s functions the way a computer game should.

I just assume I’ll bounce around between them.

Top Bottom