Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I think you’re probably over thinking it a little to be honest mate. None of these platforms are mutually exclusive after all. And variety is the spice of life as they say.

Zwift have been very clever in creating the world they have. A new world, a unique identity. Even some new vocabulary. It sort of wraps its arms around people if they need it to. But to be honest it still makes me cringe a bit when I hear people telling each other to ‘ride on’. I love the competition and I’ve made some really good friends via this forum. But it doesn’t really matter to me which platform I race on so long as it’s functions the way a computer game should.

I just assume I’ll bounce around between them.

I agree about Ride On 👍

Maybe I have overthought it and maybe I will bounce around too. I just think we have a good thing going atm with ZRL and I feel sad that people might not be enjoying it.

Anyway, you riding tonight or the leg still bad?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I agree about Ride On 👍

Maybe I have overthought it and maybe I will bounce around too. I just think we have a good thing going atm with ZRL and I feel sad that people might not be enjoying it.

Anyway, you riding tonight or the leg still bad?

I think so bud. Sorry if what I just wrote sounded like a lecture. (I read it back and it definitely sounded like a lecture!)

But I think that’s what it is. You’re enjoying the racing on zwift and I think that’s what it’s all about. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it right!

I’m going to race tonight on rgt I think. I’m not racing regularly so I’m passing on the race league at the moment. But when I’m not racing much I like to try and race @berty bassett when I can. It gives him a chance at a rare victory. And it makes me feel like I’m doing my bit for care in the community :angel:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I think so bud. Sorry if what I just wrote sounded like a lecture. (I read it back and it definitely sounded like a lecture!)

But I think that’s what it is. You’re enjoying the racing on zwift and I think that’s what it’s all about. If it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it right!

I’m going to race tonight on rgt I think. I’m not racing regularly so I’m passing on the race league at the moment. But when I’m not racing much I like to try and race @berty bassett when I can. It gives him a chance at a rare victory. And it makes me feel like I’m doing my bit for care in the community :angel:

I didn't take it as a lecture as I sounded very preachy :laugh:

I do enjoy Zwift racing it immensely but I know it's flawed still. As I'm just doing ZRL I suppose this gets rid of 75% of the sandbaggers (well it seems to from R1 in our league) but I do appreciate where everyone else is coming from.

I should try the other platforms really instead of sitting here like a cult member praising Zwift. I'll maybe give one a go in Feb if the weather is still pants.

Good news about the leg 👍

Breedon

Legendary Member
It was spooky as you just popped up in front of me - I thought you'd found a secret way to join someone else's ride where they were on the course. In the old days i'd have only seen you on the start line but not again until the end as you'd have been off like a bullet, although that downhill section certainly helped me ^_^ Gravity was on my side :mrpig:
Yea I know but I was knackered by then :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That's a good idea. The pre/post race banter is definitely missing. The pens last season were very quite until the very final team TT when the season was over for most.
I joined the Irish FB page for the banter when I was in the IRL league last year. Always fun. Adds to the experience .... although I don't think they ever believed I was on a bad day :whistle:

Whorty

I think you’re probably over thinking it a little to be honest mate. None of these platforms are mutually exclusive after all. And variety is the spice of life as they say.

Zwift have been very clever in creating the world they have. A new world, a unique identity. Even some new vocabulary. It sort of wraps its arms around people if they need it to. But to be honest it still makes me cringe a bit when I hear people telling each other to ‘ride on’. I love the competition and I’ve made some really good friends via this forum. But it doesn’t really matter to me which platform I race on so long as it’s functions the way a computer game should.

I just assume I’ll bounce around between them.
Ride on @<Tommy> :laugh:

Actually, that sounds far too much like ....

:eek:

Whorty

I didn't take it as a lecture as I sounded very preachy :laugh:

I do enjoy Zwift racing it immensely but I know it's flawed still. As I'm just doing ZRL I suppose this gets rid of 75% of the sandbaggers (well it seems to from R1 in our league) but I do appreciate where everyone else is coming from.

I should try the other platforms really instead of sitting here like a cult member praising Zwift. I'll maybe give one a go in Feb if the weather is still pants.

Good news about the leg 👍
I drift in and out of Zwift and have done for the past 3 or so years. I love the racing, but I find the free riding bit dull. I do like the workouts, but prefer to do these on videos that cartoon Zwift worlds. So for me, flicking between BRVR (or Bkool, Fulgaz etc) for the 'free' riding and Zwift for racing works well and keeps me motivated.

I have bucket lists to ride in real life, Rach bought me my new bike and made me promise I would keep riding and try to get to some of these, so I use BRVR to train on them. For e.g. some of the big climbs in France, Spain etc.

I do think Zwift risk losing their race community if they're not careful and they'll be left with the social riders. The social riders is great for Zwift during the various world lockdowns, but will these riders still be there once the world opens up again? Not sure, but the racing community will so personally I think Zwift need to be careful they aren't focusing on short term gains, and risking the bigger picture.

If you set up the FB page let me know - I'll join and give out some banter to the opposition :laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Do you have any goals for this year, @Whorty ? Anything in particular on that bucket list you are shooting for??

Whorty

Do you have any goals for this year, @Whorty ? Anything in particular on that bucket list you are shooting for??
I think it depends on the lockdown. Tour of Camb is in the diary. Be nice to drive over to Europe and climb the real Alpe if possible. If in the UK then I'll see if I can get some of the top 100 climbs done in real life.

Top Bottom