Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I think it depends on the lockdown. Tour of Camb is in the diary. Be nice to drive over to Europe and climb the real Alpe if possible. If in the UK then I'll see if I can get some of the top 100 climbs done in real life.
Iirc @BILL S did a league with a significant number of the 100 climbs on bkool. I did them and nearly broke my legs.:blink:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Iirc @BILL S did a league with a significant number of the 100 climbs on bkool. I did them and nearly broke my legs.:blink:
I think that was before my time. I remember the Goat leagues ,..... I was the slowest by far, but always completed every ride as I knew those who didn't complete a stage was given my time + 10% :laugh:

steverob

Guru
Well that was a unique experience - taking part in a TTT where I wasn't constantly hanging on to the back of the group for dear life! I even managed a handful of pulls on the front (albeit short ones).

Team CCC did really well, especially considering for many of them it was their first TTT experience and for people like me, the first one where it was with a team of similar abilities. We probably started a little slowly as we were still working out how fast we could go as a group for the first few miles without putting anyone in the red zone, which meant teams were catching us, but once we worked that out we kind of held our ground - even the teams that did overtake us found that they couldn't open up a big gap on us. And that start may have worked to our advantage at the end, because we ended up having enough left in the tank for four of us to mount a late charge and re-take those lost positions in the final mile.

In fact had it not been for a long line of riders from three teams all mixed up directly ahead of us, we might have been able to finish as a full set of six riders - we were just getting stuck in everyone else's drafts all the time but eventually enough of us got through to be able to pull away and sprint for the finish.

Video is uploaded and will put the link in my next post - now in HD!

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser

How odd that I’m in that jersey! This is what it looked like on my screen:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think I can argue who was slower. @Aleman put that together and they were killer.
On Bkool I was definitely fat bloke at the back. I think I rarely came anything but last :laugh: Those were the days ... Team Beige forever :hugs:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
How odd that I’m in that jersey! This is what it looked like on my screen:

View attachment 569737

I was in a race once with bridgy and the bike I was showing on screen was different from what everyone else could see. I can’t remember if I was supposed to be on a tt bike or a road bike but bridgy saw the opposite to me. A quirk they haven’t fixed I guess.

Well done last night guys đź‘Ťđź‘Ť.

And what a great thing for such a small community to get three teams out. I know it’s been a couple of weeks now but I think it’s really ace.

Really enjoying racing back here with CC68.
For our first time together last night for the TTT we rode it very well I thought, @straas @Girafitti with their first-ever TTT absolutely smashed it. I was hanging on for dear life at the end. @Ketty solid as always and @BurningLegs what can we say, 2nd time around so strong and pulling the strings

Well done #23 and CCC great effort all round :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Really enjoying racing back here with CC68.
For our first time together last night for the TTT we rode it very well I thought, @straas @Girafitti with their first-ever TTT absolutely smashed it. I was hanging on for dear life at the end. @Ketty solid as always and @BurningLegs what can we say, 2nd time around so strong and pulling the strings

Well done #23 and CCC great effort all round :okay:

Nice to have you back in the fold oh my prodigal son ^_^. Our newby also performed reallywell and will only get better - well done @CMaguire. And @BurningLegs that is some performance. Not sure I could have done another one :wacko:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done ZRL racers- I enjoyed the TTT last night. Was trying to work out why and I think it being all over in 34 minutes was a big factor!

Trying not to think too much about that hill in next week's race- based on how I got dropped on those short hills last week I'm going to find myself going backwards quite a lot!

Top Bottom