Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeas, sorry about that - you don't have a name on Zwift just the same avatar so I missed it because I was looking for your name! You should have an invite now...
Is someone paying you to sabotage our team :laugh:

steverob

Guru
Are we only doing one lap (24.6km incl. lead-in)?
It kind of depends where the spawn point is - it seems to change with each meetup. When I did a test, it started me 1.2 miles from the sprint banner on the Mall, so total distance then would have been 15.75-ish miles, which is roughly 25.5km, so Al would just run out of free miles as he was getting into the final furlong!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Not sure which of these Van Der Poel power figures is the most impressive

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, got confused by the remark, that @IrishAl should only do the first 25 km. :smile:
Ah, fair point - I think Al probably said that because the ZRL race on this course was about 32km with lead-in I think, and I just copied him without thinking about the distance

bridgy

Legendary Member
It kind of depends where the spawn point is - it seems to change with each meetup. When I did a test, it started me 1.2 miles from the sprint banner on the Mall, so total distance then would have been 15.75-ish miles, which is roughly 25.5km, so Al would just run out of free miles as he was getting into the final furlong!
Meetup says 24.6km. I haven't amended the distance because it's set up as a "Race" so will produce race results on Zwift for us

bridgy

Legendary Member
His final 90 mins is my sprint :laugh: Must confess, I don't fancy sprinting for an hour and a half xx(
His entire 4 hour 45 minute ride is one of my 30 second turns in a TTT!! Although I suppose that could be a similar stat from most pros.

Having the power data we get from Zwift really does open your eyes as to what these guys are capable of, doesn't it?! :notworthy:

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
His entire 4 hour 45 minute ride is one of my 30 second turns in a TTT!! Although I suppose that could be a similar stat from most pros.

Having the power data we get from Zwift really does open your eyes as to what these guys are capable of, and it doesn't it?! :notworthy:

Should we ask if he fancies joining our race tomorrow?

steverob

Guru
Meetup says 24.6km. I haven't amended the distance because it's set up as a "Race" so will produce race results on Zwift for us
Okay so the question is, IF the blue meetup finish banner and the "proper" finish line on the Mall are in different locations (this might not happen on this occasion, but I've seen it occur previously), then which line are we treating as OUR finish? Don't want people giving up early when they've crossed one line, when it's the other one that counts...

Top Bottom