Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Okay so the question is, IF the blue meetup finish banner and the "proper" finish line on the Mall are in different locations (this might not happen on this occasion, but I've seen it occur previously), then which line are we treating as OUR finish? Don't want people giving up early when they've crossed one line, when it's the other one that counts...
Well I must confess I don't think I've done a meeetup that's set up as having race results before, but logic suggests to me that the race results will be to the end of meetup line. So we should treat the race finish line as the meetup finish line I think, and then use the race results that Zwift produce

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
His entire 4 hour 45 minute ride is one of my 30 second turns in a TTT!! Although I suppose that could be a similar stat from most pros.

Having the power data we get from Zwift really does open your eyes as to what these guys are capable of, doesn't it?! :notworthy:
They really are monsters ... with twiggly little arms :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
OK, I'm going to confront the thorny issue of team delay times for tomorrow's race - so we can hopefully get agreement by the time it starts!

It makes sense to me to use the Strava segment for Greatest London Flat (23.57km) from the ZRL TTT to base things on. These are:
Team CCC: 37.54
Team 68: 33.36 - Time diff from CCC - 4 minutes 20 (ish)
Team 23: 32.53 - Time diff from CCC - 5 minutes (ish)

Looking at who's said they're going to race, Team 23 should have 5 or 6, Team 68 should have 5, and CCC should have 6 or 7.

So I could just go with the above time gaps for simplicity, but if anyone would like to put in an appeal for these to be tweaked (but don't even bother trying for a BIGGER time gap than this Team CCC! :stop:), then now's your chance....:popcorn:

Joffey

Big Dosser
(but don't even bother trying for a BIGGER time gap than this Team CCC! :stop:)

:biggrin:

I presume that CCC are happy with those time gaps. What we do need to decide though is how do we decide who has won? Is it:

• First rider from any team across the line wins?
  • First 4 riders across? (this might be a problem if some teams only have 4 and we get drop outs)
  • Some kind of total time for first 2 or 3 or 4 riders?

For me (and I think we did this before) it would be just the first rider across the line wins. It's more so a Hare & Hounds to deliver your sprinter to the line as quickly as possible. It might also be funny if you catch a team and then they jump on your train and out sprint the team's sprinter :laugh: Imagine the BANTZ that would cause :laugh:

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Well I must confess I don't think I've done a meeetup that's set up as having race results before, but logic suggests to me that the race results will be to the end of meetup line. So we should treat the race finish line as the meetup finish line I think, and then use the race results that Zwift produce

I agree, race to the blue banner.

bridgy

Legendary Member
:biggrin:

I presume that CCC are happy with those time gaps. What we do need to decide though is how do we decide who has won? Is it:

• First rider from any team across the line wins?
  • First 4 riders across? (this might be a problem if some teams only have 4 and we get drop outs)
  • Some kind of total time for first 2 or 3 or 4 riders?

For me (and I think we did this before) it would be just the first rider across the line wins. It's more so a Hare & Hounds to deliver your sprinter to the line as quickly as possible. It might also be funny if you catch a team and then they jump on your train and out sprint the team's sprinter :laugh: Imagine the BANTZ that would cause :laugh:
First rider across the line wins. Personal glory, but also you'll need your team to help you so team glory as well - a bit like Deceuninck Quickstep in the Classics :okay:

Whorty

OK, I'm going to confront the thorny issue of team delay times for tomorrow's race - so we can hopefully get agreement by the time it starts!

It makes sense to me to use the Strava segment for Greatest London Flat (23.57km) from the ZRL TTT to base things on. These are:
Team CCC: 37.54
Team 68: 33.36 - Time diff from CCC - 4 minutes 20 (ish)
Team 23: 32.53 - Time diff from CCC - 5 minutes (ish)

Looking at who's said they're going to race, Team 23 should have 5 or 6, Team 68 should have 5, and CCC should have 6 or 7.

So I could just go with the above time gaps for simplicity, but if anyone would like to put in an appeal for these to be tweaked (but don't even bother trying for a BIGGER time gap than this Team CCC! :stop:), then now's your chance....:popcorn:
As a first race I think those gaps look reasonable. In CCC we have a wider range of riders compared to other teams (we have both C and D riders), and we always try to keep all riders together as long as possible.

I'm actually surprised the gap between #68 and #23 isn't wider, but this is probably testament to how strong our B riders are across the whole team :okay:

I'm looking forward to latching on to you boys when you make the catch, drafting to the end, then unleashing my devastating sprint to claim victory for CCC :bicycle::bicycle::wahhey:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Generally in ttt’s I take a longer turn at the front than average in the team. If this is first past the line rather than a team win, you might want to adjust the handicap on the assumption I’ll be spending a lot less time on the front. I’m not a big fan of charity 😄👍

(Also my vote goes to having to concede when passed. I’m not a big fan of free loaders either!)

mjd1988

Guru
I think if you latch on you are conceding defeat to the team who caught you, but it keeps things interesting in the final shakedown for individual glory

Whorty

It's either TTT or H&H ... it can't be both. I thought we'd agreed that it's first past the post wins, so by definition it's a H&H just like how all other Zwift H&H races are run.

No need to concede. Latch on if you can. Whoever is in the lead group at the end sprints for victory.

Edit: I may be in the minority but I'm not a fan of the TTTs ... a bit dull for my liking. Much prefer to be racing in a group.

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I think if you latch on you are conceding defeat to the team who caught you, but it keeps things interesting in the final shakedown for individual glory

Yeah - we all have been far too congratulatory recently with each others ZRL exploits - it's about time we have some unadulterated, selfish, each team for themselves and F the other lot kinda racing :laugh::biggrin:

If we get caught I doubt I'll be able to hang on anyway - fair play if you can is what I say!

Top Bottom