Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
So are you suggesting some of you are actually holding yourselves back in the ZRL TTTs in order to keep your mixed ability team together for as long as possible? If so, we should adjust the time gap because format of this race may mean one or two of you could disappear off the front....
Well to be fair, I am currently the weakest rider in CCC and last week's TTT took me from just plain "D" to "D, almost C", so I'm certain that I was pushing as hard as I could have!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
so total distance then would have been 15.75-ish miles, which is roughly 25.5km, so Al would just run out of free miles as he was getting into the final furlong!
Oh that could be very frustrating...riding off solo for the victory (in my dreams) only for my free Zwift kmā€™s to run out withthe finish line in sight šŸ˜‚

Sorry to chip in to the handicap timings discussion at this late hour but I reckon the gaps need pulled in slightly. The ZRL event was an extra 33% longer so going by my bro-science Iā€™d reckon fatigue wonā€™t be as big a factor and Iā€™d say the CCC boys will be able to put out more W knowing that itā€™s a shorter event. I think theres a big danger with the gaps being set too large then the teams dont see each other and thereā€™s nothing more demotivating being in the chase team turning yourself inside out in the chase and seeing quite early on that the gap isnā€™t closing fast enough To make the catch.

Iā€™d propose ...
#68 go at +3:15
#23 go at +4:00

Worst case the teams come together but then itā€™s a sprint for the line and thereā€™s some big W sprinters in all the teams.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Oh that could be very frustrating...riding off solo for the victory (in my dreams)

itā€™s happened before! You heading off to glory, rather than having your wings clipped.

I think youā€™re prob right about the handicaps. Races that short are blast fests really, but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.

I do know from when myself and yourself were setting the handicaps. The only way to really zero in on a relatively accurate time was to do the same course more than once. We could run this more than once too considering the gap until the next league.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Oh that could be very frustrating...riding off solo for the victory (in my dreams) only for my free Zwift kmā€™s to run out withthe finish line in sight šŸ˜‚

Sorry to chip in to the handicap timings discussion at this late hour but I reckon the gaps need pulled in slightly. The ZRL event was an extra 33% longer so going by my bro-science Iā€™d reckon fatigue wonā€™t be as big a factor and Iā€™d say the CCC boys will be able to put out more W knowing that itā€™s a shorter event. I think theres a big danger with the gaps being set too large then the teams dont see each other and thereā€™s nothing more demotivating being in the chase team turning yourself inside out in the chase and seeing quite early on that the gap isnā€™t closing fast enough To make the catch.

Iā€™d propose ...

Worst case the teams come together but then itā€™s a sprint for the line and thereā€™s some big W sprinters in all the teams.

45s difference over 25km between 68 and 23? šŸ˜‚ you sir, are having a laughšŸ˜

<Tommy>

I wouldnā€™t get too hung up on the time gaps. I think after thinking about it last night, with the format the way it is with the first across the line winning, Iā€™ll just be focussed on delivering our best sprinter (pistol Pete) to the line. The times take care of themselves and itā€™s only fun

Like I said running multiple races over the same course is the only real way to zero in on a time.

Just remember, when you start to hear the jaws music in your heads, itā€™s time to start peddling faster! šŸ˜„

<Tommy>

45s difference over 25km between 68 and 23? šŸ˜‚ you sir, are having a laughšŸ˜

Makes you wonder which team Irish is really in! šŸ˜„

Norry1

Legendary Member
I wouldnā€™t get too hung up on the time gaps. I think after thinking about it last night, with the format the way it is with the first across the line winning, Iā€™ll just be focussed on delivering our best sprinter (pistol Pete) to the line. The times take care of themselves and itā€™s only fun

Like I said running multiple races over the same course is the only real way to zero in on a time.

Just remember, when you start to hear the jaws music in your heads, itā€™s time to start peddling faster! šŸ˜„

Is it "The Hunted" in Sufferfest when the wolf starts howling?

<Tommy>

Is it "The Hunted" in Sufferfest when the wolf starts howling?

Looks like he started early!!!!

bridgy

Legendary Member

Iā€™d propose ...

I actually think @IrishAl has a point. Although the time gaps I mentioned were the actual gaps for the segment, the fact that a) it's a shorter race overall; b) it would actually be good if we do come together before the line for a sprint finish, I genuinely think that gap to Team CCC should be closed up a bit. If we keep the gaps as they satnd, and CCC never get caught at all - or don't look likely to get caught - the race becomes a bit boring really doesn't it?

My compromise suggestion would be:
#68 go at +3.15
#23 go at 4.15

Top Bottom