Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah - we all have been far too congratulatory recently with each others ZRL exploits - it's about time we have some unadulterated, selfish, each team for themselves and F the other lot kinda racing :laugh::biggrin:

If we get caught I doubt I'll be able to hang on anyway - fair play if you can is what I say!
They'll all be shattered after the chase, nothing left in their legs, be easy to latch on and sit in. Could be the easiest victory CCC take this year :cuppa:

steverob

Guru
OK, I'm going to confront the thorny issue of team delay times for tomorrow's race - so we can hopefully get agreement by the time it starts!

It makes sense to me to use the Strava segment for Greatest London Flat (23.57km) from the ZRL TTT to base things on. These are:
Team CCC: 37.54
Team 68: 33.36 - Time diff from CCC - 4 minutes 20 (ish)
Team 23: 32.53 - Time diff from CCC - 5 minutes (ish)

Looking at who's said they're going to race, Team 23 should have 5 or 6, Team 68 should have 5, and CCC should have 6 or 7.

So I could just go with the above time gaps for simplicity, but if anyone would like to put in an appeal for these to be tweaked (but don't even bother trying for a BIGGER time gap than this Team CCC! :stop:), then now's your chance....:popcorn:
I think the gap between CCC and 23 is probably right. The only question is with 68 - as they might be the smallest team, it may be fairer to give them a slightly smaller gap to CCC, larger to 23 - say put them at 4 minutes. I know that's only 20 extra seconds, but we still need it to be close enough for 23 to be breathing down their necks!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I agree with you Carl. In my opinion in needs to be one of the other. Ttt or h&h.I don’t really mind which, although I assume the times were set around the ttt (?).

It’s no big deal to me honestly. I’m only kidding about with the charity thing. But... I know from experience it will just become a race within a race fo #23 very early doors. And the catching of the other teams will become secondary after about 200 meters.

bridgy

Legendary Member
As a first race I think those gaps look reasonable. In CCC we have a wider range of riders compared to other teams (we have both C and D riders), and we always try to keep all riders together as long as possible.
So are you suggesting some of you are actually holding yourselves back in the ZRL TTTs in order to keep your mixed ability team together for as long as possible? If so, we should adjust the time gap because format of this race may mean one or two of you could disappear off the front....

Whorty

So are you suggesting some of you are actually holding yourselves back in the ZRL TTTs in order to keep your mixed ability team together for as long as possible?
In the TTT where we got the time, all the riders were pushing to the max. No one was holding back.

If so, we should adjust the time gap because format of this race may mean one or two of you could disappear off the front....
It's possible but not likely any of our team would attack our own team. But yes, it is possible. It's a conundrum for you chasing teams. May be best to work extra hard on the chase, just in case :biggrin:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I love our inter forum race nights - it's already getting tetchy on here and we haven't even got our chamois creamed up yet! :popcorn:

(PS CCC - stop winding them up - you'll get our head start docked!! :laugh:)

Whorty

I love our inter forum race nights - it's already getting tetchy on here and we haven't even got our chamois creamed up yet! :popcorn:

(PS CCC - stop winding them up - you'll get our head start docked!! :laugh:)
They'll be fine. They wouldn't want to handicap us lowly C's and D's. We probably won't even get to Harrods before they catch us ... :cuppa: :biggrin:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I agree with you Carl. In my opinion in needs to be one of the other. Ttt or h&h.I don’t really mind which, although I assume the times were set around the ttt (?).

It’s no big deal to me honestly. I’m only kidding about with the charity thing. But... I know from experience it will just become a race within a race fo #23 very early doors. And the catching of the other teams will become secondary after about 200 meters.

You saving yourself for the sprint😉😁

Top Bottom