Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another 75km outdoors today. Beautiful weather down here in the West Country. Slight breeze, and air a smidge chilly at times, but roads are nice and quiet (well, no lorries or tractors full of muck!). Added a pic for you @Randyberlin of the Westbury White Horse ... we have quite a few of these ancient chalk carvings in this area.
I saw that on Strava. Your bike looks great in the sun. It makes me seriously jealous. That ride is what its all about. Those moments of pure joy when you're pedaling along and just enjoying being out.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I saw that on Strava. Your bike looks great in the sun. It makes me seriously jealous. That ride is what its all about. Those moments of pure joy when you're pedaling along and just enjoying being out.
It was glorious out there today. Worked on the hills, but mostly just bimbling along enjoying the sun and the scenery. The bike is a real joy to ride, thanks to Rach for such a kind present :smooch:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I’m not sure Staffordshire is quite as bad as Finland in that regard, but that’s pretty much the reason I haven’t ventured outside yet either!

I did the ‘Muir and the Mountain’ S2 of ToW yesterday; my word, that is a tough course! I’d not got the route badge for it before, so that was decent motivation to keep pushing. I’d spent a fair chunk of the weekend digging footings for our new front door steps, so I was fairly knackered even before I stepped over the bike...

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive got a new hobby starting today

20210405_150844.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0005_Moment.jpg
    DJI_0005_Moment.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Name of the photo is “DJI” so guessing you bought a drone to irritate the neighbours?! 😝

mjd1988

Guru

Bit of clarification about when the clock starts for the wtrl ttts;

Update: Confirmed per WTRL that crossing the concrete pillars at the front of the pen is the start line.
(see picture for reference)

4.2.1.b Clarification Request from the smarter people in the room: TTT are often decided by seconds, and thus, where Zwift plants you in the Pen, may result in the 2-3-4 seconds difference in timing (thinking start line vs back of the pen).

Question: For the accuracy of leaving the pen, is it crossing under the banner before your designated start time delay that will get flagged? Is it moving at all? Is there a start line outside the Pen's that is the official line?

4.2.1.b reference:
Start Delays; Teams must always comply to their start time. WTRL is now MILLISECOND accurate for teams leaving the pen. Any team leaving early will incur a minimum 30 second penalty on top of any time correction.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m really looking forward to blowing the cobwebs off. Hopefully we all get off to a good start. How are the team line ups looking, have we got 3 full teams for tonight?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I’m really looking forward to blowing the cobwebs off. Hopefully we all get off to a good start. How are the team line ups looking, have we got 3 full teams for tonight?
I think we do have 3 teams- the 3 captains are just finalising everything now and I'll post the proposed teams on here shortly for confirmation, as we have a few people now who can ride for multiple teams potentially.

It's been a bit of a last minute rush this time but moving forward we'll try and get this sorted a bit earlier to give everyone as much notice as possible

bridgy

Legendary Member
ZRL TEAMS FOR STAGE 1 TTT TONIGHT

TEAM #23 - EMEA E Division B2 (18:15 start + 3min delay)
@BurningLegs
Bridgy
@<Tommy>
@peterob
@Alongo
@Joffey

TEAM #68 - EMEA W Division B4 (19:30 start + 9.5min delay)
@mjd1988
@Ketty
@bobinski
@Legs
@straas
@Girafitti

TEAM CCC - EMEA N Division C2 (19:45 start + 7.5min delay)
@Spartak
@Johnsop99
@steverob
@JLaw
@Aleman

There's a still a spot available on Team CCCif any C or D cat riders want to ride (@Whorty ?). If so, please let @Joffey know.

Team captains should be in contact with the race passes for signing up to the races if they haven't already. If you're in mor ethan 1 squad, please make sure youa ccept the correct race pass link for the team you're in as per above.

Good luck tonight everyone :thumbsup:

Top Bottom