Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I was hoping to try and join you buys in B last night but I'd put some stuff of Rach's on ebay (wheelchair, walkers etc) and the guy came to collect them at half 7 so had to miss out on the fun. Maybe next week .... :okay:

Excellent ride again for you Joffey. B suits you it seems!

I wouldn't say it suited me :laugh: But i was happy to come in the front group, even though I had no energy to have any kind of sprint :laugh:

mjd1988

Guru
Hard not to race those tour of watopia group rides isn't it.

Smashed Kom up volcano climb, very pleased as I've always struggled with it. Also kept forgetting supertuck doesn't work as well in group rides, had to sprint back on full pelt

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Hard not to race those tour of watopia group rides isn't it.
Yesterday morning I was thinking of doing a TT so I was set up on my TT bike when I changed my mind and logged on to do ToW, and didn’t realise until we’d left the pens! By the time I’d decided that I was just going to have a lonely ride if I’d carried on, then changed to a drafting bike, I was nearly plum last!

bridgy

Legendary Member

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Slightly OT, we were chatting about Burrington Combe & Cheddar recently....

Last night we did a family walk from the car park on Burrington Combe up to Beacon Batch the highest point on The Mendips ( I'd imagine @bridgy knows it well, 3 MTB 'ers went past us ).
Fantastic views greeted us when we reached the top & thankfully the rain ☔ stayed in the channel :okay:

I took a video of the view as well but it won't upload for some reason.....

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
@bridgy @Spartak @Marino.g Hi guys, I'm almost certainly not going to be able to make a ride with you guys in early May. Currently I'm due to move house on 4th May, although that date is going to be a challenge. If anything changes I'll let you know, but best assume I'll be moving, packing, homeless, living in a tent .... :laugh:

Hope it all gets sorted Carl, perhaps we can have a meet up later in the year.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Slightly OT, we were chatting about Burrington Combe & Cheddar recently....

Last night we did a family walk from the car park on Burrington Combe up to Beacon Batch the highest point on The Mendips ( I'd imagine @bridgy knows it well, 3 MTB 'ers went past us ).
Fantastic views greeted us when we reached the top & thankfully the rain ☔ stayed in the channel :okay:

View attachment 583478

View attachment 583479

I took a video of the view as well but it won't upload for some reason.....
Lovely photo @Spartak - yes I know it very well up there! My favourite Mountain bike loop from my house goes past Beacon Batch - I wasn't one of the mountain bikers you saw but I easily could have been!

(That's not me, I was taking the photo!)

If you time it right, once a year in the Spring the land up there gets completely covered in bluebells for a week or two:

Norry1

Legendary Member
@bridgy @Spartak @Marino.g Hi guys, I'm almost certainly not going to be able to make a ride with you guys in early May. Currently I'm due to move house on 4th May, although that date is going to be a challenge. If anything changes I'll let you know, but best assume I'll be moving, packing, homeless, living in a tent .... :laugh:

Did a firm date ever get suggested for this? The ride that is, not Carl moving house ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
Did a firm date ever get suggested for this? The ride that is, not Carl moving house ^_^
No I don't think so? I think the biggest hurdle (other than finding a date everyone's happy with!) Will be sorting accommodation for those who need to stay over.

In terms of date, later in the summer- June onwards - would be better for me because that should be after the football finishes for my boys and that usually takes up big chunks of my weekends

Top Bottom