Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Subject to travel restrictions I have just confirmed my place in the Flanders sportive weekend of 18/09/21. There are some spaces available if anyone interested pm me.

Sounds good that Bob! My mate is doing it this year but I'm pencilled in for 2022 once the Covid madness has calmed down. Enjoy it mate!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Subject to travel restrictions I have just confirmed my place in the Flanders sportive weekend of 18/09/21. There are some spaces available if anyone interested pm me.
Not sure I could cope with the disappointment of another cancelled cycling event if it doesn't go ahead! Fingers crossed though Bob 🤞

Marino.g

Veteran
Not sure I could cope with the disappointment of another cancelled cycling event if it doesn't go ahead! Fingers crossed though Bob 🤞
Dragon Ride has also been postponed now until September 26th but unfortunately I probably won’t be available for that.
I’ve had to defer it for June 2022 .

Dragon Ride has also been postponed now until September 26th but unfortunately I probably won’t be available for that.
I’ve had to defer it for June 2022 .
Yer I got my cancellation email for that yesterday aswell. Gutted for some silly reason I thought that may go ahead still.
I am now using the same weekend to do a gravel ride around the King Alfred Way, 220miles over 3 days off road. 2 premier inns booked along the way. Something to aim for 😀

steverob

Guru
Holding out hope for you @bobinski that by September things will have sorted themselves out enough to enable travel and events like this to go ahead. I've got a trip for a cycling event about a month before that (admittedly it's in the UK though, so travel is less of a worry) but I'm still not convinced whether it will go ahead - the organisers seem pretty optimistic though and I certainly to want to go, I just have to be positive I guess!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yer I got my cancellation email for that yesterday aswell. Gutted for some silly reason I thought that may go ahead still.
I am now using the same weekend to do a gravel ride around the King Alfred Way, 220miles over 3 days off road. 2 premier inns booked along the way. Something to aim for 😀

A few of us are thinking of doing the King Alfred Way. Looks great.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Four sprints but only two meant anything (didn’t know that until afterwards though).

Yeah, I didn’t read the points system beforehand, and crossed as 6th on Lap 1 (2nd passage), wondering why no one sprinted. Next lap I just stayed at the back, but apparently that one counted and before I realized that, I was dropped... :sad:

Video of my failure on the usual channel...

Joffey

Big Dosser
Nice to race with you this evening @Joffey and @Brusgaard

I got a bit excited to see @Spartak in pen B, but I think you were watching/recording Ian?

We missed you @mjd1988 but to be honest you didn’t miss a particularly exciting course. Four sprints but only two meant anything (didn’t know that until afterwards though).

Ditto - I enjoyed it last night. Sadly no FTP upgrades but did score a new best of 3.5w/kg for the race which was an average of 328 watts. Might try the diet again for the rest of the month and try and shift a bit of weight to get me up to 3.7, I might be a bit more competitive around that level.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Ditto - I enjoyed it last night. Sadly no FTP upgrades but did score a new best of 3.5w/kg for the race which was an average of 328 watts. Might try the diet again for the rest of the month and try and shift a bit of weight to get me up to 3.7, I might be a bit more competitive around that level.
I was hoping to try and join you buys in B last night but I'd put some stuff of Rach's on ebay (wheelchair, walkers etc) and the guy came to collect them at half 7 so had to miss out on the fun. Maybe next week .... :okay:

Excellent ride again for you Joffey. B suits you it seems!

Spartak