Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ketty

Über Member
Special well done to Ketty making his #23 bow last night. Thanks for stepping up mate. I’ve no doubt you’re going to get stronger and stronger. The course last night wasn’t your natural hunting ground it’s fair to say, and you held your own with great aplomb 👍👍
Cheers mate - enjoyed it. Bring on some lumps next time!

Ketty

Über Member
Didn't race this week.

DS duties again, so I was watching 2 of our guys in the front group along with @bridgy and @peterob

That was an unexpectedly tough course, but really it was the dirt run in to the sprint, coupled with the steamroller power up that made it tough. Nowhere to recover after the sprint either, with that downhill dip and slight kicker to cope with. Was quite happy to be in the team car last night!

I've seen a few comments that the steamroller power up was just too generous in terms of power and length of time. I think that's probably fair comment. One of our guys ended up in the second group. He won the bunch sprint in that group, but I think he got dropped just because he had no steamroller on lap 1. He was placing top 10 regularly last season. I was really surprised when he got gapped.
To a much lesser extent that’s what happened to me Del, no steamroller meant gapped wheel and they were gone. No excuses though I should have pushed harder!

mjd1988

Guru
NYC KOM! Just got to get to it in the front group...

I generally dislike the visuals in NYC but I think it has some good racing routes (rolling like Yorkshire but with a proper KOM).

I have fond memories of @steverob guiding me round next week’s course two seasons ago for 68 🙂

At least this time the sprints are BEFORE the climb :becool:.

https://zwiftinsider.com/route/nyc-kom-after-party/

Team tactics could be fun, could see a few sprinters dropping back to tow the climbers to the KOM and then dying on the climb

Ketty

Über Member

I generally dislike the visuals in NYC but I think it has some good racing routes (rolling like Yorkshire but with a proper KOM).

I have fond memories of @steverob guiding me round next week’s course two seasons ago for 68 🙂
That was a DS performance worthy of world tour car status. Exceptional @steverob

bridgy

Legendary Member

It's a slightly different course next week to last season isn't it. Just the one climb up the forward KOM at the end, where the race finishes this time. Tactics should be pretty simple - try not to get dropped on the rolling terrain for 35km, and then balls out up the KOM at the end. Easy eh?! :wacko:

steverob

Guru

That was a DS performance worthy of world tour car status. Exceptional @steverob
Hah - I was just glad to be of use for once that season! Racing as a borderline C/D in a Cat B league, back in the days when the points only went down to 30th as well, I knew I was only there to make up the numbers if the team was short, so I actually looked forward to the weeks when I wasn't riding, as I would actually be of MORE help by DS-ing.

And let's not forget that @BurningLegs came 3rd overall, won two sprints and got 2nd on the KOM - I may have helped telling him where the primes were and time gaps to his rivals, but he was the one doing all the hard work! I was just soft pedalling round a different NY course (one with no KOM) with a few browser windows open on the side.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Interesting news from https://zwiftinsider.com/community-welfare-update/ . If you race on Zwift, who will check that there is no weight doping anymore. Admin i hope.

Maybe their research has taught them that the majority of people who race on zwift like to cheat. So they decided to make it easier for them. After all, it is good business to try and give your customers what they want.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Interesting news from https://zwiftinsider.com/community-welfare-update/ . If you race on Zwift, who will check that there is no weight doping anymore. Admin i hope.
I hope that this does not mean that they'll take away the facility for toggling between watts and watts/kg to see the data (after all, it's easy to infer someone's weight by dividing one dataset by t'other...)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
weird timing, I just lost 15kg yesterday.
Yeah, this change has really annoyed me. Weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 65kg. Really proud I was and will update ZwiftPower later to show the world what 'hard work' can achieve. But now only I will see it on ZP, which is a shame :whistle: Hope I don't lose any power by shedding so much weight :laugh:

Seriously though, Zwift haven't a clue and are trying to solve the wrong problem, unless the next thing they do is force categories then the weight doping will become less of an issue as the cheats will be forced to race each other in A+ cat :biggrin:

JuhaL

Guru
I hope that this does not mean that they'll take away the facility for toggling between watts and watts/kg to see the data (after all, it's easy to infer someone's weight by dividing one dataset by t'other...)
Yup, you can't ride on Zwift without w/kg ratio, speed is based on that. I guess it really doesn't matter if you don't wanna show your weight or/and height, it's enough that Zwift knows that.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah, this change has really annoyed me. Weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 65kg. Really proud I was and will update ZwiftPower later to show the world what 'hard work' can achieve. But now only I will see it on ZP, which is a shame :whistle: Hope I don't lose any power by shedding so much weight :laugh:

Carl,
Well done on the weight loss.

I dropped to 70 kilos in March as base riding kicked in and I hardly ate any meat. But what the Lord taketh the Lord has given back and I am 72 kilo’s again. And possibly a bit more 😬🙄😁

Last edited:
Top Bottom