Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Juhal is it the bottom bracket or the BB adaptor?
It's a bottom bracket. There was a plastic dust cover what was very tight to 24mm spindle and it was cracked. After that i was tested if 30mm spindle fit there but it was too big for that. Anyway i ordered new bottom bracket and sm-bbr60 tool so i can remove it.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Ebikes are a great leveler- literally :biggrin:

They can make a non/occasional rider match a pro in performance. My good lady proved that to me with her Ebike, able to ride on the front for nearly 50 miles :ohmy:

Enjoy

View: https://youtu.be/-r874E6s4cQ

Ebikes are a great leveler- literally :biggrin:

They can make a non/occasional rider match a pro in performance. My good lady proved that to me with her Ebike, able to ride on the front for nearly 50 miles :ohmy:

Enjoy

View: https://youtu.be/-r874E6s4cQ

Aren’t they limited to around 15mph?

<Tommy>

It's a bottom bracket. There was a plastic dust cover what was very tight to 24mm spindle and it was cracked. After that i was tested if 30mm spindle fit there but it was too big for that. Anyway i ordered new bottom bracket and sm-bbr60 tool so i can remove it.

The ceramic speed bb that comes with the bike is 30mm isn’t it? That was damaged? Who built the bike? Or the dust cover that comes with the adaptor? Sorry I’m confused. My advice is get a 30mm crankset to be honest as it avoids a fair bit of hassle and maybe the odd creak. Hope it’s a quick fix though bud

JuhaL

Guru
The ceramic speed bb that comes with the bike is 30mm isn’t it? That was damaged? Who built the bike? Or the dust cover that comes with the adaptor? Sorry I’m confused. My advice is get a 30mm crankset to be honest as it avoids a fair bit of hassle and maybe the odd creak. Hope it’s a quick fix though bud
It wasn't a CeramicSpeed. It's clearly a cheap sticky steel bottom bracket for 24mm axle, don't know the brand but it's not a CeramicSpeed. I ordered 2 bottom brackets, Rotor's ceramic bottom bracket and Shimano Dura-Ace, i am gonna test how they work. It was a Finnish retailer who built the bike. Don't know why the drive side plastic dust cover was clearly tighter than non-drive side. New Tarmac have a BSA threaded bottom bracket so i believe it's a creak free.

<Tommy>

It wasn't a CeramicSpeed. It's clearly a cheap sticky steel bottom bracket for 24mm axle, don't know the brand but it's not a CeramicSpeed. I ordered 2 bottom brackets, Rotor's ceramic bottom bracket and Shimano Dura-Ace, i am gonna test how they work. It was a Finnish retailer who built the bike. Don't know why the drive side plastic dust cover was clearly tighter than non-drive side. New Tarmac have a BSA threaded bottom bracket so i believe it's a creak free.

That’s really weird. I thought the tarmac came with a ceramic speed bb as standard.

It’s sometimes a badly machined bb she’ll that causes a creak. But I think the tarmac is fine in that regard. But another thing that causes a creak is when you go from 30mm to 24mm with an adaptor. Anyhow. That sounds really bad. Why are you paying for a new bb and not the guys who built the bike for you? It sounds like it’s their problem? Hopefully you can ride it soon though!

JuhaL

Guru
That’s really weird. I thought the tarmac came with a ceramic speed bb as standard.

It’s sometimes a badly machined bb she’ll that causes a creak. But I think the tarmac is fine in that regard. But another thing that causes a creak is when you go from 30mm to 24mm with an adaptor. Anyhow. That sounds really bad. Why are you paying for a new bb and not the guys who built the bike for you? It sounds like it’s their problem? Hopefully you can ride it soon though!
My bike was build from the framekit, maybe that’s why components are different vs. factory build bikes.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Aren’t they limited to around 15mph?

Are they, I didn't know that :smile:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Helped fitting oak staircase, tanked out shower rooms in preparation for tiler. Garden landscaping all finished. Plastering finished yesterday after staircase completed. Ive got bathrooms to fit. Then its down to kitchen fitter and flooring, snagging painting before sale. :heat:

Top Bottom