Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just saw a GP Lama YouTube about Apple air tag. Everyone should get one for their bike. It seems to be a game changer.

Most of these guys know where their bikes are Randy. I think maybe they’re just nervous about disturbing the cobwebs 🤷‍♂️
I'm thinking of putting it in the down tube but once the thieves know that a bike like yours wouldn't have one because of the added weight you'll be a target.

Edit: extra 11 grams. Off setting the savings from your pedal upgrade

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm thinking of putting it in the down tube but once the thieves know that a bike like yours wouldn't have one because of the added weight you'll be a target.

Edit: extra 11 grams. Off setting the savings from your pedal upgrade

You make an excellent point Randy! You could probably get a relatively light sticker, maybe less than 1g, that said you had the device, and then not actually install it? Might give the game away though... But I guess the joke would be on the thieves when they cut your bike in half and there’s no device inside after all! Boy I’d love to see their faces :highfive:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
You make an excellent point Randy! You could probably get a relatively light sticker, maybe less than 1g, that said you had the device, and then not actually install it? Might give the game away though... But I guess the joke would be on the thieves when they cut your bike in half and there’s no device inside after all! Boy I’d love to see their faces :highfive:

Hi chaps! Just checking in. I hope everyone is keeping well and still drilling it on Zwift !

On the air tag I think GP Llama said the battery life is a year on these. That’s a bit short imho to be putting it inside the frame and the saddle bag a tad easy to remove. Inside the handlebar stem maybe?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Nice result for you and Peter 👍

Cheers - it was good to race with @peterob. He is a monster on the Crit courses.

Vide is here if anyone wants to see how to do it (Pete not me ^_^).

View: https://youtu.be/isFRwExR2Fo

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I rode Gotham Grind with my brother this morning, communicating on Discord. I say ‘communicating’: I was grunting while putting out 300w; he was chatting! Halfway around the second lap there was a split and I was on the wrong side, with most of the other Bs. In fairness, Matt did sound like he was trying a bit when he remarked ‘I’m away’ in the last kilometre. He held off the chasing pack to win the As; I killed myself to hit the line half a minute later to finish 0.1s off the B podium.

Still, most importantly, I was just below the magic 305w 20-minute power so I haven’t been upgraded to the low-A wilderness yet, and I get to fight another day with #68!

peterob

Veteran
Just a reminder that there is a “Cheddar Challenge “ tomorrow at 5 UK time.

I was going to say be there or be Cheugy, but they are not mutually exclusive. Like me you can be both.

http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=Z5y5mw03LN
I’m afraid I’m going to have to give it a miss @Randyberlin. I was planning to give it a go but I’ve been working in the garden all day and the alternative of a long soak in the hot tub with a cool beer has proved too tempting

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
How do you guys watch GCN racing? I have a SKY Box, Smart TV and Android box in Lounge (plus laptop). I do have an ATV but that's in another room so no really practical. Can you watch the races live via YouTube or SKY/Smart TV?

Don't really want to watch cycling on my tiny laptop!

Edit: don't worry. I have a Samsung TV and I can install an App on there by the looks of it :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom