Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Downhill?

Edit: I shouldn’t joke. Even downhill I couldn’t make it. I’m installing a floor. It is a snap and click floating. Not fun.
Not fun !! Click click click
Warm underlay on your knees
Radio on
Living the dream mate 👍
My day is not quite so much fun
Skim a ceiling first thing
Then slabbing outside with 20mm porcelain slabs that are a right pig to cut
30 slabs - 24 cuts 😩
Going to be soaked

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Not fun !! Click click click
Warm underlay on your knees
Radio on
Living the dream mate 👍
My day is not quite so much fun
Skim a ceiling first thing
Then slabbing outside with 20mm porcelain slabs that are a right pig to cut
30 slabs - 24 cuts 😩
Going to be soaked

Excellent strength work for a Cingles-stop complaining😁

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Talking of sprints, I just took part in the EVO CC Sprint Race, I managed to hold the front group for awhile but got dropped before the first sprint, but if you look carefully at the picture below I did rather well in one of the others.....

..... but crikey it did hurt :dance:.

Cat C race had a few sandbaggers & I called one out who blatantly split the field, his name included Team WTRL, which made it even more annoying, but nonetheless a good workout on the London Classique route.

Del C

Veteran
Talking of sprints, I just took part in the EVO CC Sprint Race, I managed to hold the front group for awhile but got dropped before the first sprint, but if you look carefully at the picture below I did rather well in one of the others.....

View attachment 588059

..... but crikey it did hurt :dance:.

Cat C race had a few sandbaggers & I called one out who blatantly split the field, his name included Team WTRL, which made it even more annoying, but nonetheless a good workout on the London Classique route.
Are you sure that wasn't an all cats start together race.

The WTRL guy is one of our team, and also rides for my road club. He's a B cat rider and his results shows up in Zwiftpower in the B cat results. He's not shown as DQ or being upgraded, so that suggest to me he entered as a B cat. So, most likely a mass start event. Some races organisers do that.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

The WTRL guy is one of our team, and also rides for my road club. He's a B cat rider and his results shows up in Zwiftpower in the B cat results. He's not shown as DQ or being upgraded, so that suggest to me he entered as a B cat. So, most likely a mass start event. Some races organisers do that.

He admitted he'd entered as a D due to not riding for a while & wanting to take it 'easy'.... !!!

bridgy

Legendary Member

Looking at ZP the WTRL guy in Cat B has a grey arrow next to his Category which I think means he started in the wrong Cat and has been moved to his Cat results doesn't it? (there's actually 4 others in Cat B with this too!). It does also suggest the starts were staggered by 1 minute per category

bridgy

Legendary Member
He admitted he'd entered as a D due to not riding for a while & wanting to take it 'easy'.... !!!
I know its been said a million times, but particularly now that Zwift own Zwiftpower it should be so easy to only allow people to enter their correct category - so annoying that Zwift refuse to implement something like this

Del C

Veteran
Looking at ZP the WTRL guy in Cat B has a grey arrow next to his Category which I think means he started in the wrong Cat and has been moved to his Cat results doesn't it? (there's actually 4 others in Cat B with this too!). It does also suggest the starts were staggered by 1 minute per category
I hadn't seen the grey arrows.

Looks like you're right then.

He has been off the bike for about a month as he and his wife have just had a new baby. He's actually racing for us in ZRL Stage 6 tomorrow as we're short of riders. Things are so bad even I'm racing! :laugh:

Del C

Veteran
Week commencing 17th May I'm staying in Ashford and then Tenterden for the week if any southern based CCers find themselves at a loose end and want to drop a fat Yorkshireman up some climbs? (I know, there aren't any real climbs in Kent LOLZ). I am hoping to do all of the 100 Climbs hills in Kent anyway of which there are 4 or 5 I think.

No worries if not, was just a thought :biggrin::okay:
I held off replying before as I wasn't sure of dates, but all these climbs are around
My menu of climbs is:

1 - Yorks Hill (#15)
2 - Toys Hill (#20)
3 - Chalkpit Lane (#117)
4 - White Lane (#16)
5 - The Wall (#19)
6 - Ashdown Forest (#115)

Brackets are the climb number in the books. Hoping to do 1-4 and 5-6 in 2 rides. They are abut an house away from Ashford so not too much of a trek in the van :biggrin:
I held off replying before as I wasn't sure of dates. What dates are you thinking of?

I've done all of these before. They really break into 3 sets of 2 climbs. Yorks and Toys are fairly close, but both are on the south side of the ridge. Similar for Chalkpit and White Lane, but they're around 5-10 miles further east. The Wall and Ashdown Forest are either side of the high part of the forest.

The top 4 are really the toughest. Yorks, Chalkpit and White Lane are absolute pigs, while Toys is a mere bastard! You'd effectively have to ride them as 2 figures of eight with a ride between them if you wanted to do them in one day. It also means that depending where you start you'll probably end up getting some bonus climbs just to get from one to the other.

The Wall is steep but its basically a big ramp that just rises up in a straight line in front of you. The Ashdown Forest is a long climb, made up of 2 climbs with a descent and flat section between them. That's more of a social day out, whereas the first 4 are an ideal ride to lose friends!

Top Bottom