Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Nice write up martin 👍👍

Do you have a link for the result page?

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/238824/Masters-Circuit-Race

I'm interested - what are you looking for?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just written my report Randy :okay: and it is here .... https://norryscyclingstuff.weebly.com/blog

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it - but no cigar this time ^_^
Good write up Martin - really shows how you have to get a few races under your belt to get more familiar with both the pre-race procedures etc and then also the race tactics and bike handling etc. Much more to it than power numbers!

I absolutely know that if I did one of those I would 100% be the guy who cracked first and went for an early solo break and then got caught later on!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Finally finished

I did wonder why no one wanted to help with this job? 😡😲🤪

20210625_115546.jpg

Minimum 400 to 500mm rockwool

Thermal image for gaps(you can see TV amp glowing
flir_20210625T120101.jpg

To hide these pipes
20210621_103048.jpg

So glad I bought full face mask, Ive been itching all week on my arms,legs
Screenshot_20210625-130702_Chrome.jpg

bridgy

Legendary Member
Finally finished

I did wonder why no one wanted to help with this job? 😡😲🤪

View attachment 595702
Minimum 400 to 500mm rockwool

Thermal image for gaps(you can see TV amp glowing
View attachment 595703

To hide these pipes View attachment 595704

So glad I bought full face mask, Ive been itching all week on my arms,legs View attachment 595705
Does that double up as your Covid facemask at the shops^_^

Good work Andy - I hate that insulation stuff so rather you than me!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just being nosey. A few of the guys that do loops of Regent’s Park race at Hillingdon.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Are you planning to move up to cat 3? I know some people who work hard to stay in cat 4 as once you move up you can't go back down and they don't want to get stuck in 3. So they win a few and then lose a few to keep their points under the threshold.

You have to get 12 ranking points in any season to move from Cat 4 to Cat 3. I don't have any yet :surrender: I was 2 places off getting my first point yesterday ^_^ If I qualified, I would most move up.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Are you planning to move up to cat 3? I know some people who work hard to stay in cat 4 as once you move up you can't go back down and they don't want to get stuck in 3. So they win a few and then lose a few to keep their points under the threshold.

The result though is they're stuck in the 'mush' that's the 4ths. I'm back down there having lost my race licence (medical grounds) and then got it back.

Son no 2's trying for his Cat 2 but has only 20 points so far this year; there's a lot of 'new' competition with no-one moving up in 2020 and new competitors.

Norry1

Legendary Member
The result though is they're stuck in the 'mush' that's the 4ths. I'm back down there having lost my race licence (medical grounds) and then got it back.

Son no 2's trying for his Cat 2 but has only 20 points so far this year; there's a lot of 'new' competition with no-one moving up in 2020 and new competitors.

The Cat 4 race I did at Henstridge ws very quick and the organisers said the standard was very high this year for some reason.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The Cat 4 race I did at Henstridge ws very quick and the organisers said the standard was very high this year for some reason.

That's been the case in a lot of races: my son's 2/3/4 race on Tuesday set track records. Basically anyone who wanted to race last year couldn't, and they've had a year to train. Limited group riding has caused issues however.

Top Bottom