Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Guys, quick question.

Tubeless sealant, remove the presta valve core or not when adding sealant?

The Caffelatex injector kit suggests NOT removing the core, but I can see issues with that. As it is the Vittoria Rubinio Pro IV did go on the rims without too much of a stuggle, and I was able to get them to inflate to 120psi using my track pump ... so now to go for the full tubeless option and add the sealant.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
ALWAYS, remove core if filling from valve. Have valve set at 8 O'clock so sealant doesn't pool under valve when injection

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Uber Pretzel Meetup - Tim's Tron
Bear with me for thinking out loud...

I've had a silly idea :wacko: at the back of my mind that I should do a celebratory big ride to get my Tron:bicycle:. I'm on 38335m at the moment - I thought that when I get to ~47675m I should do the Uber Pretzel so that I can get the Tron at the top of AdZ at the end! I'd probably never do the UP otherwise...

This is probably going to be a month or so away - I've still got more than an Everest to do before the UP.

I'll try to stage-manage it so that it takes place at a weekend - maybe a Friday night or early on a Saturday morning?

Obviously it'd be great to have some company on the ride! Anyone wishing to join me, drop me a line and you'd be more than welcome. I think I'd be looking at something like 4.5 hours - maybe around 3.2W/kg or so?

Does anyone know about whether it's possible to 'join another Zwifter' who's in a meetup event? Or would you have to be invited and ride with me from the start?

As long as anyone joins me (I think my big bro was up for it, at least), I think that Discord would be a must.

(I'm fully expecting everyone to say 'sod that' and leave me to be Billy-no-mates!)

Aleman

I did the UP to get me Tron as well. ... Turns out I was 100m away from the 50,000m point when I got to the summit of the TdZ :cry: So I had to ride down a couple of turns, turn around and go back up. It's character building :laugh::laugh:

I'd love to tag along ... assuming the bottom bracket I'm waiting for from China gets here in time :cursing::cursing: ... I don't think I'll manage four and a half hours at 3.2 though :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

I think you have to be invited ... If you join another rider in a "Meetup" it is possible to go completely the wrong way!! :eek::eek: Just ask @Whorty :rofl::rofl:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Guys, quick question.

Tubeless sealant, remove the presta valve core or not when adding sealant?

The Caffelatex injector kit suggests NOT removing the core, but I can see issues with that. As it is the Vittoria Rubinio Pro IV did go on the rims without too much of a stuggle, and I was able to get them to inflate to 120psi using my track pump ... so now to go for the full tubeless option and add the sealant.

I never put it in through the valve.
Pop 4-6 inches of tyre off on one side of rim, pour sealant in, rotate wheel and then pop tyre on. Job done.

bobinski

Legendary Member

Aleman

I never put it in through the valve.
Pop 4-6 inches of tyre off on one side of rim, pour sealant in, rotate wheel and then pop tyre on. Job done.
Yeah, but no! While it wasn't to much of a fight to get them on, it was hard enough that I wanted to do it again!!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yeah, but no! While it wasn't to much of a fight to get them on, it was hard enough that I wanted to do it again!!

But now you have (over) inflated them they come off and go on MUCH easier 👍😁

Check the rims- 120 psi on tubeless rims isn’t usually recommended

Spartak