Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I didn’t think this really warranted a laugh, @bobinski ! At the very least, log into the Companion app and drop me a Ride On!:okay:
Because I’m an idiot I put my trainer difficulty on 100% for the first time this morning and ended up running out of gears (39x25) on the Radio Tower and AdZ! I completely blew my tits and bench-pressed my way up the Alpe in 72 minutes, aided by a big slab of chocolate. My brother evidently still had some matches to burn and and got up in a scarcely believable 49:45!

I finished in 4:45 and, importantly, my careful calculations paid dividends: I got the Tron bike just before the finish line. Even better, I got the Meilensteins on the spinner (13th ascent, lucky for some).

I’m glad I’ve done it, but it’s definitely one of those ‘never again’ things. Oh, and the trainer difficulty is going straight back to 30%!

mjd1988

Guru
Because I’m an idiot I put my trainer difficulty on 100% for the first time this morning and ended up running out of gears (39x25) on the Radio Tower and AdZ! I completely blew my tits and bench-pressed my way up the Alpe in 72 minutes, aided by a big slab of chocolate. My brother evidently still had some matches to burn and and got up in a scarcely believable 49:45!

I finished in 4:45 and, importantly, my careful calculations paid dividends: I got the Tron bike just before the finish line. Even better, I got the Meilensteins on the spinner (13th ascent, lucky for some).

I’m glad I’ve done it, but it’s definitely one of those ‘never again’ things. Oh, and the trainer difficulty is going straight back to 30%!

Amazing!

It's the totally wrong time to say, but did you know there are lighter wheels in zwift than the meilensteins now? :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I've won races before where I'm first in ZwiftPower, but today is the first time I was first in Zwift App itself :wahhey:

1627925728617.png

Whorty

Whorty

Lee's trying to spoil your achievement🏆

You should tell him to 'go forth". :biggrin:
Meh, life is far too short and fragile, and given what I've gone through this past few months, I really couldn't give 2 flyings :cuppa: Cycling is one of the few things that have helped me since Rachel died and no one is going to spoil it for me however hard they try.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Lee's trying to spoil your achievement🏆

You should tell him to 'go forth". :biggrin:
i am hoping that whorty knows that this is as near to a compliment that he or anyone else will get from me for playing a video game - we are all on different consols playing different versions of a game that we all know is flawed in different ways - yea it feels good to do well but it means sod all once you see - end game
when you do it with people the same mindset as you who you know beat you most times . it should mean a bit more , but only to the individual winning (unless in a team )
maybe it may make whorty see red and find an extra tenth of a second ^_^
of course we could go down the route of footballers who seem to think you should come close to sexual assault when they do what they are paid to do - but i feel more comfortable saying meh 6/10 for playing a game

norry on the other hand - doing it in real world - fantastic !

Whorty

Carl, Looks like first class drafting there to me ! Well done.
Cheers Bob, I am a lazy racer as my fellow C mates past and present will agree :tongue:

The 3R races start in separate pens, but all cats are visible .. so the aim in the first minute is to try and latch on to a B group and let them do the work. The group I ended up in was probably 20 strong so I didn't need to put my nose in the wind at any point. Was having to work hard as you can see from HR, but stayed out the red as much as I could until the final sprint where my HR went over 190 :wacko:

I'm just glad the Atom over reads power, else my HR may have been even higher :popcorn:

1627974791839.png

Last edited:

Whorty

As we are talking racing (well, I am) I did a no HUD race over the weekend and that was interesting. There was literally zero information on the screen. You couldn't see where you was on the road, how far to go, gradient, who was in the group, where the finish line was, your own power/HR, nothing .... so the racing really was by feel.

I came 3rd. May have done better if I knew the route (it was on the new Japanese world) so had no idea where the finish was and hence when to start the sprint. Really good fun though. Would definitely do one again but hopefully on a course I know so can judge the distance and the finish line.

For those who like racing, check a none HUD race 👍

Top Bottom