Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm pleased Wattbike have fettled the Atom to work well with Zwift. I'd be interested Carl if it does ERG mode well too?

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've won races before where I'm first in ZwiftPower, but today is the first time I was first in Zwift App itself :wahhey:

View attachment 602281

Feels good don't it. :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm pleased Wattbike have fettled the Atom to work well with Zwift. I'd be interested Carl if it does ERG mode well too?
Yeah, ERG seems perfectly fine. The power graph is not as smooth as the NEO, so can easily spike on the Atom, but I'm finding because the Atom is smoother pedalling than my old road bike where the gears slipped all over the shop, that I can more easily hold the correct power and my pedalling style feels better - less 'clumpy'.

I've not tried any sprints yet in ERG on the Atom, mostly steady power rides .... I need to try intervals to see how the Atom works.

Whorty

Not looking for sympathy, or having a pity party, as I'm in an Ok place now, but I do want to say that the CCC Team (in our private thread and on discord) really got me through the first few months of this year after Rach died. I had some really dark days, but being able to get on Zwift and race with the team was one of the few positives I had. The guys were awesome and all I can say is we are lucky to have such a good, supportive team on here - I've never met any of the CCC Team in real life but I will be eternally grateful to them for letting me be me in the early days of losing Rach (sorry for the swearing, I'd like to blame that on grief but I'd lying!).

CCC have such an amazing team spirit :hugs::cheers:

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Yeah, ERG seems perfectly fine. The power graph is not as smooth as the NEO, so can easily spike on the Atom, but I'm finding because the Atom is smoother pedalling than my old road bike where the gears slipped all over the shop, that I can more easily hold the correct power and my pedalling style feels better - less 'clumpy'.

I've not tried any sprints yet in ERG on the Atom, mostly steady power rides .... I need to try intervals to see how the Atom works.
Admittedly I've got the original Atom plus the firmware updates, whereas you've got the newer model so your mileage may vary, but I find that sprinting isn't too bad on it, although it sometimes can take half a second or so to get the watts to register when there's a HUGE jump (e.g. from steady to sprint all of a sudden). It's one of the reasons why I tend to slowly build up before unleashing my full sprint. And then collapsing from exhaustion two seconds later!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Not looking for sympathy, or having a pity party, as I'm in an Ok place now, but I do want to say that the CCC Team (in our private thread and on discord) really got me through the first few months of this year after Rach died. I had some really dark days, but being able to get on Zwift and race with the team was one of the few positives I had. The guys were awesome and all I can say is we are lucky to have such a good, supportive team on here - I've never met any of the CCC Team in real life but I will be eternally grateful to them for letting me be me in the early days of losing Rach (sorry for the swearing, I'd like to blame that on grief but I'd lying!).

CCC have such an amazing team spirit :hugs::cheers:

I learned some new swearwords back then! ^_^

Whorty

I learned some new swearwords back then! ^_^
I do like to educate where I can ^_^ @mjd1988 's family did too, until he learned to wear head phones and not have me blurting out the speakers :whistle:

Whorty

GB looks very scrappy in the Olympics. A lot of races have had early gaps between riders.
The men's sprint was a big mess, but I guess that was in part caused by the pressure of the opposition who were on fire. Can't help watching it though and thinking ... in Zwift, the draft would be a big more sticky :laugh:

Johnsop99

Veteran
Zwift classics update. Entered the NZ time zone race as usual this morning, Richmond UCI course. Autocat put me back in class 4 so was expecting a tough race. First time that mens and womens races were both visible to each other. Entry numbers were disappointing, only 14 men and 5 women. A lead group of 5 broke away and I spent most of the race in the group 6th-8th until I got dropped on the final climb. Finished 8th/19 on the road but 7th/14 in the mens race both on the road and on points so overall quite happy. Autocat does seem to be working quite well, it's definately better than the 3R races where you finish somewhere like 15th-20th otr and Zwiftpower puts you 3rd-5th!

BurningLegs

Veteran
The men's sprint was a big mess, but I guess that was in part caused by the pressure of the opposition who were on fire. Can't help watching it though and thinking ... in Zwift, the draft would be a big more sticky :laugh:
Sounds like the IOC need to work on their physics engine for these events if they're going to be more like actual races?!

Whorty

Zwift classics update. Entered the NZ time zone race as usual this morning, Richmond UCI course. Autocat put me back in class 4 so was expecting a tough race. First time that mens and womens races were both visible to each other. Entry numbers were disappointing, only 14 men and 5 women. A lead group of 5 broke away and I spent most of the race in the group 6th-8th until I got dropped on the final climb. Finished 8th/19 on the road but 7th/14 in the mens race both on the road and on points so overall quite happy. Autocat does seem to be working quite well, it's definately better than the 3R races where you finish somewhere like 15th-20th otr and Zwiftpower puts you 3rd-5th!
I need to look out for those races, although as a 'nearly b' I don't think I will fare too well 🤣🤣

Top Bottom