Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Ah yes, thanks guys 🙂

BurningLegs

Veteran
I just my first Zwift race since the end of ZRL in May.

Currently an “Almost B” in Zwiftpower after the lay-off so I entered a C Cat race which was two laps of the Harrogate UCI circuit. I love that circuit, it’s just brutal! I never seem to get great results on it but it’s a nice workout.

35 in C and I finished 16th on the road and 11th on ZP. Not far from the pointy end, and the weakest link today was my back and hip. By the top of the KOM I was moving between standing and sitting a lot to try and get comfy but just couldn’t!

Very pleased to be back, and will be hanging in C for a while I think. Didn’t feel like I was far from the pointy end and I went all out.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I just my first Zwift race since the end of ZRL in May.

Currently an “Almost B” in Zwiftpower after the lay-off so I entered a C Cat race which was two laps of the Harrogate UCI circuit. I love that circuit, it’s just brutal! I never seem to get great results on it but it’s a nice workout.

35 in C and I finished 16th on the road and 11th on ZP. Not far from the pointy end, and the weakest link today was my back and hip. By the top of the KOM I was moving between standing and sitting a lot to try and get comfy but just couldn’t!

Very pleased to be back, and will be hanging in C for a while I think. Didn’t feel like I was far from the pointy end and I went all out.

Well done mate 👍 Always difficult getting back on the horse but sounds like you had fun despite the aches and pains.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Might try the zwift classic race on Tuesday if anyone interested? Have there been many races between 6-8pm time?
I'll be doing it at 19:50, unless it heats up again. They have changed from the published course (hilly) to something favouring the 20 minute watt bomb monsters ... Shame really as I was hoping of getting into the top half for the first time .

bobinski

Legendary Member
I have been reading The Midlife Cyclist. I highly recommend it. Not as an alternative to other well known tomes but because it is not at all dry but instead eminently well written and so a bloody good read. There is nothing especially new in it for ageing cyclists who have read around the topic but it’s all there in one place and kind of reassuring.

Attachments

• 3530CC66-BAB6-4489-8AA3-60D5F64FAC41.jpeg
    3530CC66-BAB6-4489-8AA3-60D5F64FAC41.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 3

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Hello chaps (and any chapesses in the unlikely event that any might have joined up 🤗)! Just checking in to see how everyone’s summer has been? I was tempted back onto Zwift yesterday due to the very wet weather we have had this week. I did a lap of some course on the new Takiharri island place or whatever it’s called - I wasn’t looking too forward to it (Zwift) tbh but actually enjoyed it despite my rocker plate being decidedly lop sided to the left due to one of me balls going soft 🤨😁.

My cycling has been all outdoors since about the end of March and I’ll probably Stick to the outdoor cycling for as long as possible. Lately I’ve been getting in around 5 to 7 hours a week Which isn’t too bad but I’ve not been doing much high intensity stuff so I’ll be in for a big shock when it comes round to Zwift racing this winter.

Anyway I hope everyone is keeping well and catch you soon on Zwift 👍👍

BurningLegs

Veteran
Great to hear from you @IrishAl - I don’t think you’re alone in taking a break from Zwift this summer, but I’m sure plenty of us will be back in the autumn 🙂

Great that you’re able to get 5-7 hours a week of riding logged outdoors. That will help with the fitness for Zwift racing come the autumn 😉

Last edited:
I have been reading The Midlife Cyclist. I highly recommend it. Not as an alternative to other well known tomes but because it is not at all dry but instead eminently well written and so a bloody good read. There is nothing especially new in it for ageing cyclists who have read around the topic but it’s all there in one place and kind of reassuring.
I read it and liked it. But still for me nothing comes close to those around the world cyclists at the end of the 19th century.
They are free.

Attachments

• EF94737C-1D54-434D-89F9-7E358F50A0D0.png
    EF94737C-1D54-434D-89F9-7E358F50A0D0.png
    46 KB · Views: 5
  • 39FEA686-FE3F-4D4C-9369-6558EFD89369.png
    39FEA686-FE3F-4D4C-9369-6558EFD89369.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 5161442C-8795-49D1-9182-DFEE5CCED118.png
    5161442C-8795-49D1-9182-DFEE5CCED118.png
    136 KB · Views: 4
Sorry, I lied. The book I read and liked was " Midlife Cyclists". Completely different book but a very good read.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-075104.png
    Screenshot_20210808-075104.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 1

mjd1988

Guru
I'll be doing it at 19:50, unless it heats up again. They have changed from the published course (hilly) to something favouring the 20 minute watt bomb monsters ... Shame really as I was hoping of getting into the top half for the first time .

Signed up for the Tuesday 1946. Cat C4, whatever that means

Top Bottom