Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
it means you’ve a high probability of blowing up :whistle:

It'll be explosive alright

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Signed up for the Tuesday 1946. Cat C4, whatever that means
Looking at the event on Zwift Power looks as though you have High End C racers (and the one B) ... Recognise some names from ZRL too ... I'm in C5 which is Low end C with some D riders, and one B ... I recognise some names from racing "against" them last week ... For all of the first 90 seconds!!

I'm so glad they have changed the route from Muir and Mountain to Beach Sprints, coz those 12.0W/Kg watt monsters won't have a chance against us 2.9W/Kg on a flat course!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

mjd1988

Guru
Looking at the event on Zwift Power looks as though you have High End C racers (and the one B) ... Recognise some names from ZRL too ... I'm in C5 which is Low end C with some D riders, and one B ... I recognise some names from racing "against" them last week ... For all of the first 90 seconds!!

I'm so glad they have changed the route from Muir and Mountain to Beach Sprints, coz those 12.0W/Kg watt monsters won't have a chance against us 2.9W/Kg on a flat course!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Flip. You'll want t drop that guy averaging 1423 watts for 15seconds (!!!) Before the final sprint

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Which races you guys signed up to? I'll see if I can join you
Western Europe - Join from WTRL ... Which Cat you get put in (C0-C6) is selected automagically ... What's "Worse" is the criteria change each race, and they are 'testing' different options ... and you don't know what they are, or how it affects the categorisation ... For the New Yourk Race (Everything Bagel) I was in a group with A's B's and a few C's ... Didn't go well :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Western Europe - Join from WTRL ... Which Cat you get put in (C0-C6) is selected automagically ... What's "Worse" is the criteria change each race, and they are 'testing' different options ... and you don't know what they are, or how it affects the categorisation ... For the New Yourk Race (Everything Bagel) I was in a group with A's B's and a few C's ... Didn't go well :laugh:
Probable explains why I couldn't find the races in ZP ..... just signed up, put me in C3 and looks like it's A's :wacko: Yeah, I think I'll give that a miss. I can barely hang on to mid table B's and top C's :surrender:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Pidcock, Yates, Bernal, and Carapaz all at the Vuelta for Ineos! 🤯

Johnsop99

Veteran
Hi all, did the Zwift Classics NZ race again this morning. Autocat put me in C4 for the 4th time out of the 5 races so far. Thought that I would struggle not being a sprinter but managed to hang on to the lead group until the final sprint. Finished 10th/16 just 12 secs down on the winner so quite pleased with that. It is good recognising the names of the other riders and working out who I should be able to beat and those who I have no chance against! Autocat still working quite well for me even though I thought I would be racing C5 most of the time. Good luck to all those racing later today.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ouch. $200 plus VAT plus import plus handling :sad:.

Maybe when I get a job.

Thanks for showing it's out there though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it might be cheaper to get an engineering company to make a new one out of a higher quality steel. I read a thread where a guy had one made with much tighter tolerances for the bearings. He seemed very happy with the results. If I was in the situationI would still have the flywheel dynamically balanced

mjd1988

Guru
Initial thoughts from the autocat - I liked it, very even field, only max 47 starters but 32 I'm peloton until last couple of laps. It was flat though which suits me and I imagine doesn't take much of an algorithm to keep together compared to a hilly race.

A little harder than a c race and a fair bit easier than a b anyway. Had to think a bit harder as everyone so well matched. I won one sprint in the middle, another guy won all 4 others and the race and I finished 5th. Went early as that usually guarantees a good placing but maybe if I'd rode wheels a little longer could have got on podium. I also "won" a banner sprint that no one else contested which wasted some energy.

In summary id need to do a more variable course but felt it was fun.

I think I saw that wtrl aren't using it for the upcoming league which makes sense as how would you group a team together

Edit; my sprint is notably better atm, not sure if it's the switch to clipless or as I'm maybe conserving more energy?

Top Bottom