Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Anything that gets rid of that sticky draft gets my vote .. and also the jagged left/right movements of riders that has come in recently that is also bloody annoying
My vote as well. I don't mind new kits, wheel sets, frames and other "gimmicks". I want realistic training experience as possible without tricks.

edit. next time i test how it feels to ride offline. It should be realistic as possible.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Was out riding a few weeks ago, got a puncture, chap in the house opposite clearly saw me struggling and came out and changed the inner tube for me :blush:

Now, I might rush over to help a good looking lady, but a buff bloke :rofl:

Come on Carl, you need to practice ;)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve just got to keep on saying the same thing when it comes to zwift. I’ll believe it when I see it. Or in this case when / if we get to give it a go for ourselves.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Struggling to get much time on the bike last couple of weeks. Anyone racing this evening or tomorrow evening?
I've signed up to a race at 12:20 today. Don't have much motivation either at the moment ... so much other sh*t going on I'm struggling to focus. Will use today's race as a tempo ride.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Thursdays aren't good for me because my eldest has Beavers. I'm down for the Newbury Velo TT this evening, though I might be up against it to be ready for it.
Don't have much motivation either at the moment ... so much other sh*t going on I'm struggling to focus. Will use today's race as a tempo ride.
Good luck with that, Carl! :okay:

JuhaL

Guru
edit. next time i test how it feels to ride offline. It should be realistic as possible.
Just did 1hr offline ride on Zwift. It felt realistic, no pace no sticky draft. It didn't bother me at all that i didn't see any single soul on route, exactly same situation when i ride outside, not much other riders.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thursdays aren't good for me because my eldest has Beavers. I'm down for the Newbury Velo TT this evening, though I might be up against it to be ready for it.

Good luck with that, Carl! :okay:
Nice little blast, got into a small group with John (@Johnsop99 ) that stayed mostly together until the last lap.

Chap who won our race pretty much wins or comes second in every C race he enters ... a lot! Excellent gaming of Zwift racing by that chap as he's still within C numbers :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Let's talk chains!

How often do you replace your chain on your Zwift machine? I usually try to replace my road chains every 1500-2000 miles, but I'm guessing that on my Neo 2T the chain will last a fair bit longer than that.

How do you guys lubricate your chains on your Zwift bikes? I'd thought that, without having loads of road crap on the chain, it wouldn't degenerate into an oily black mess like road bike chains can... I've been using Finish Line dry lube on my Zwift setup, but would I be better off with a wax lube?
A few months ago I started using Rock N Roll Gold Lube on both my oudoor and Zwift bike chains and I'm really impressed with it. It's much thinner/runnier than normal lube and it's meant to clean as well as lube the chain so you apply generously and wipe it off. What I like about it is there's no build up of sticky lube or grit/dirt on the chain like you can sometimes get. Chains run very quietly too. I'd thoroughly recommend it. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/tools-maintenance-cleaning/rocknroll-gold-lubricant

Top Bottom