Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Been watching it on TV each day - it's been a great race so far hasn't it? And some really big hitters too. Ethan Hayter looks the real deal.

I wish it had come a bit nearer to us this year and I'd have gone to watch too. A few years ago it came through Cheddar (up the gorge obviously) and basically past my work twice - really enjoyed that!

It's been a decent race. With the end of the TdY I thought I'd best go and make the effort. Set off at 5:30am and got back home at 9pm with a 63 mile ride in the middle. Pretty tired today!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Been watching it on TV each day - it's been a great race so far hasn't it? And some really big hitters too. Ethan Hayter looks the real deal.

I wish it had come a bit nearer to us this year and I'd have gone to watch too. A few years ago it came through Cheddar (up the gorge obviously) and basically past my work twice - really enjoyed that!

I've watched it all too and really enjoying it. I've been to see it live a couple of times.

In 2019 it finished up Burton Dassett Hill which is close to me and I watched it with our local club. It was awesome watching MVDP power up the shortish (KOM = 1 min) climb a few times. I'm doing that climb tomorrow one of our local clubs Hill Climb - just a little bit slower :smile:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I've watched it all too and really enjoying it. I've been to see it live a couple of times.

In 2019 it finished up Burton Dassett Hill which is close to me and I watched it with our local club. It was awesome watching MVDP power up the shortish (KOM = 1 min) climb a few times. I'm doing that climb tomorrow one of our local clubs Hill Climb - just a little bit slower :smile:
I have a very good friend in Rome called Burton Dassett

BurningLegs

Veteran
I was hosted by a vendor at the ToB finish in London a few years ago. Took the wife too and we both loved it. Returned with the whole family the year after but it hasn’t finished in London or been close to us since, unfortunately!

Next year it finished on the Isle of Wight though and we are hoping to go over for that (ferry terminal is ten minutes away from our home). For the first time though we will need to consider a clash with school dates!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I saw the PruTour in Portsmouth in 1999, which was a brilliant day out, since there was both a road stage finish and a short TT on the same day.

The Women's Tour passed through my hometown of Uttoxeter a few years ago, and I was one of the few who stood out by the roadside. I've not seen the TOB in its current incarnation.

bridgy

Legendary Member
In the B Cat pen before last night's race I got schooled on how you're actually meant to use the Cat system on zwift- apparently you just join the category that suits how you're feeling that day, not your actual zwiftpower category. Doesn't matter if it mucks up the race, it's all about what's best for you. Hmmm 🤔

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
In the B Cat pen before last night's race I got schooled on how you're actually meant to use the Cat system on zwift- apparently you just join the category that suits how you're feeling that day, not your actual zwiftpower category. Doesn't matter if it mucks up the race, it's all about what's best for you. Hmmm 🤔

View attachment 608501
Yep, it's these idiots that spoil the C races too. It's hard to break away from a group if the group has a number of A and B riders as they just chase you down, whilst the other C's sit in and rest. Most C races end up like that .. the lead C's don't do much work after the first 3 or 4 minutes, until the end as we let the sandbaggers do it all. This means the mid C's have no chance of beating us as they are working so much harder after they have been dropped compared to us drafting in the front group.

I benefit from this, but there is nothing you can do ... well, there is, I try to join 3R races where all cats are together then at least the sandbaggers can't influence the actual race.

Legs

View attachment 608501
What an absolute bellend.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I did my first Zwift ride since June yesterday. Had to remind myself how to do stuff like connect the sensors etc. Managed it just about. It was a really easy hour cos I have a Hill Climb today.

May look to do a Crit City race or something next week.

Legs

9pm, it’s being shown on Channel 4 if you don’t have Amazon Prime.

I’m thinking of crossing off one of the medium-length Watopia routes, perhaps Big Foot Hills? Of course, the match might be over well before I’m finished!

mjd1988

Guru
9pm, it’s being shown on Channel 4 if you don’t have Amazon Prime.

I’m thinking of crossing off one of the medium-length Watopia routes, perhaps Big Foot Hills? Of course, the match might be over well before I’m finished!

Ah that's earlier than I thought, will hopefully catch a bit but think I'll try and get a race in now rather than chance it later

bobinski

Legendary Member
Like many of you I recently got a Le Col £50 voucher via strava. I used it to get 2 t shirts , and an indoor wahoo training top 😁 -£62.
I used it this morning on a Team EN hang on ride instead of my ropey old base layer and it worked really well. PB up the volcano. I would never have bought it otherwise and absolutely no way at the original price. It certainly isn’t necessary but relatively cheap with the voucher.

Last edited:
Top Bottom