Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Yeah but as it was a decathlon, we want to hear about how the javelin and the 110 metre hurdles went ;)

Seriously though - well done! I did a Duathlon a couple of years ago and would be up for doing one again - I've actually considered doing that one you did actually as it's in my neck of the woods too. The one I did was a DB Max event at Castle Combe race track. Glad you enjoyed it :okay:

Well spotted.... Post edited :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well spotted.... Post edited :okay:
@Spartak the duathlon I did (actually in March last year - just before lockdown started) is called the Chilly Duathlon and they do it in March and November, so the next one is on Sunday 21st November if you're interested - I might try and do it myself if I can get a bit of running practice in first! It's a bit pricier than the one you did but that's because it's round Castle Combe race track so you do have the advantage of not being on public roads. Distances are 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run so a little longer than the one you did, but similar
https://www.dbmax.co.uk/events/the-chilly-duathlon-21st-november/

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Took part in my first Duathlon yesterday, the Sri Chinmoy GO TRI event at Tockington School in South Gloucestershire.

It was a 2K run, 15K Bike, 2K Run edition with the run being 3 laps of the school rugby pitches before heading out on the quiet lanes to Pilning & back.

Due to covid the run started with each competitor lining up and going at 10 second intervals, due to my lack of previous time I started towards the back of the field.
The first run was okay with me running it at a pace of 5:27min /km, the first transistion was interesting, taking off the trainers whilst remembering to undo the laces, and then running across part of the field in your cleats to the bike mount line, where I slipped trying to get my cleats into the pedals.
The bike leg was on lanes I know well and is fairly flat with the exception of a couple of bridges crossing the motorways. I managed to pass quite a few other competitors during the bike section which was encouraging although my speed was slower than I expected !
The final transition was okay but I have to say I struggled on the final run, running it at a pace of 5:38min /km.

My provisional time is 50:59 which I'm pleased with for a first attempt and must say I'm looking forward to the next event.

Here is the Strava pic of the bike leg...

View attachment 608933
I'm not a great runner, but I could be tempted to do something like that too if the running sections are not too long. Looks like a nice event ... if you're looking to do any more post up on here and I might join you *

* this weekend I was very drunk in Cardiff Saturday night, so I'd have had to give it a miss!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Cardiff has done that to me in the past.... 🍻 🤪
Yeah, I'd like to blame the girl I was with .... but it was totally my fault. After a few beers I stupidly suggested we cancel the restaurant and carry on drinking ... we were not well the next morning, and even a big fat greasy breakfast didn't totally help :laugh:

But, it's the first time I've been out on the lash for over 3 years (maybe even 4), so I don't feel too guilty. And it was a laugh.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Took part in my first Duathlon yesterday, the Sri Chinmoy GO TRI event at Tockington School in South Gloucestershire.

It was a 2K run, 15K Bike, 2K Run edition with the run being 3 laps of the school rugby pitches before heading out on the quiet lanes to Pilning & back.

Due to covid the run started with each competitor lining up and going at 10 second intervals, due to my lack of previous time I started towards the back of the field.
The first run was okay with me running it at a pace of 5:27min /km, the first transistion was interesting, taking off the trainers whilst remembering to undo the laces, and then running across part of the field in your cleats to the bike mount line, where I slipped trying to get my cleats into the pedals.
The bike leg was on lanes I know well and is fairly flat with the exception of a couple of bridges crossing the motorways. I managed to pass quite a few other competitors during the bike section which was encouraging although my speed was slower than I expected !
The final transition was okay but I have to say I struggled on the final run, running it at a pace of 5:38min /km.

My provisional time is 50:59 which I'm pleased with for a first attempt and must say I'm looking forward to the next event.

Here is the Strava pic of the bike leg...

View attachment 608933
Well done Ian!

For your transitions, invest in some elastic laces - you don't have to undo and lace, just pull your shoes off/on, saving time.

mjd1988

Guru
@<Tommy> and I are planning to do the Ruhrriders Pott-Race at 19.10 tonight if anyone else fancies that one (@Aleman 8pm start is a bit late for me)

Might try and make this later on if I can

Top Bottom