Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Are you really in c Bob ?
šŸ¤«

BurningLegs

Veteran
Well done everyone, nice to race with familiar names again. I was spat out after 5KM again!!

Still not quite hitting B Cat numbers but a bit closer today and felt stronger. I think I might have held on to the front longer if the A Cats hadnā€™t joined with B and pulled? Maybe Iā€™m just trying to convince myself of that!

Multiple drop outs today which was annoying. Final one was 400M from the finish and Companion was convinced I wasnā€™t even riding anymore and I had to pair directly with Zwift for the last few hundred metres. Nightmare!!

mjd1988

Guru
Well done everyone, nice to race with familiar names again. I was spat out after 5KM again!!

Still not quite hitting B Cat numbers but a bit closer today and felt stronger. I think I might have held on to the front longer if the A Cats hadnā€™t joined with B and pulled? Maybe Iā€™m just trying to convince myself of that!

Multiple drop outs today which was annoying. Final one was 400M from the finish and Companion was convinced I wasnā€™t even riding anymore and I had to pair directly with Zwift for the last few hundred metres. Nightmare!!

Ah that's a shame about the drop outs saw you had one fairly early on as well?

Yeah the start was insane. Took me a while to figure out there were A's about, thought j was on my gravel bike again for a while!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Sorry I didnā€™t join you guys in the end. Well technically I didā€¦ but I had mechanical in the pen and by the time Iā€™d sorted it out the pack had gone by me so I dropped out.

In all honestly it probably wasnā€™t the worst thing because I then joined a 10 mile race and struggled a bit. So doing a proper distance race would of killed me!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well that was interesting ! Hadnā€™t realised it was mixed cat and went off too fast for my lungs and heart. Settled down and watched 2 big groups pull away .Settled into another group and as the lap wore on it became clear 3-4 were strong on the flat but less so on climbs so dug in behind and drafted while pushing on the climbs. By the time we got over the second Kom the group really slowed. Another group 8s ahead with 6km to go and no one interested in chasing them down so we cruised to the finish. It was a good re introduction to racing and good to see you young guys doing your best šŸ˜€

BurningLegs

Veteran
Sorry I didnā€™t join you guys in the end. Well technically I didā€¦ but I had mechanical in the pen and by the time Iā€™d sorted it out the pack had gone by me so I dropped out.

Thatā€™s a shame. All part of blowing the dust off in these pre-ZRL races, isnā€™t it. Fingers crossed you donā€™t have any issues in the ZRL races. I did wonder what happened because I saw you in the pens but not in ZwiftPower or on the sprint leaderboard with @bridgy and @mjd1988

BurningLegs

Veteran
Ha! No excuses here, I just don't have the legs at the moment. They'll come back though šŸ™‚

Not sure why I had drop outs but it was repeatedly and for approx 10 seconds each time. Just enough to lose the group and make it very hard or impossible to get back in.

I use a WiFi repeater in the garage and I've only had drop outs once before and a reboot of the repeater sorted it so hoping that'll do it this time, too šŸ‘

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ha! No excuses here, I just don't have the legs at the moment. They'll come back though šŸ™‚

Not sure why I had drop outs but it was repeatedly and for approx 10 seconds each time. Just enough to lose the group and make it very hard or impossible to get back in.

I use a WiFi repeater in the garage and I've only had drop outs once before and a reboot of the repeater sorted it so hoping that'll do it this time, too šŸ‘

šŸ˜€
Fwiw I run a 30 meter quality Ethernet cable between Ethernet box and my sons pc and it all works fine. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s a realistic option.
I gave up on repeaters for house WiFi and use a cheap mesh network from Tenda. Itā€™s been rock solid.

Top Bottom