Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Sorry to hear that, @mjd1988 . It was a tough, short race! I went full gas on the Watopia Wall but never got more than a second or two gap to the three other As at the front of the race, though we dropped the other four As. Then it was a bit of a stalemate between us in the undulating roads until we started catching the Bs who’d started a minute ahead- it was important to accelerate past and not get caught in the sticky draft. With 3k to go, one of them put in a 10W/kg attack and I was toast. I put my newfound sprint to good use against the B riders I finished with! Really good fun, less than quarter of an hour of pain, highly recommended!😁

BurningLegs

Veteran
Anyone got any experience of road cams for commuting? I’ve no intention of becoming a YouTube warrior (or looking like one) but had an incident on my commute today where a van driver drove deliberately at me while I was stationary alongside so considering it now. If I’d had footage today I’d have submitted it to the police!

Thinking of a combined light and camera with good audio recording. Is Cyliq still the leader?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Anyone got any experience of road cams for commuting? I’ve no intention of becoming a YouTube warrior (or looking like one) but had an incident on my commute today where a van driver drove deliberately at me while I was stationary alongside so considering it now. If I’d had footage today I’d have submitted it to the police!

Thinking of a combined light and camera with good audio recording. Is Cyliq still the leader?

I use a GoPro Session 4, they are pretty cheap on eBay. No good if your commute is over 30 mins each way though.

Cyliq might be the way to go with front and rear cameras.

Dependant on your local plod it might all be a waste of time anyway unfortunately. Ours (North Yorkshire Police) are pretty useless and have no interest in protecting the safety of vulnerable road users.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Yes, not sure how responsive Hampshire police are to these sort of issues.

If I'd had footage and number plate I'd have called them to report I'd been assaulted. Perhaps that would be better than reporting a driving offence?

The guy made contact, but I stayed upright and kept my cool. Didn't get aggressive even verbally. The road had cleared in front of us and I just asked him "What are you going to do next then, run away?" and sure enough he sped off. If he had got out of his van and approached me I'd have gone for him. Fat f*cker in his 60s I'd guess, probably why he didn't hang around!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Yes, not sure how responsive Hampshire police are to these sort of issues.

If I'd had footage and number plate I'd have called them to report I'd been assaulted. Perhaps that would be better than reporting a driving offence?

The guy made contact, but I stayed upright and kept my cool. Didn't get aggressive even verbally. The road had cleared in front of us and I just asked him "What are you going to do next then, run away?" and sure enough he sped off. If he had got out of his van and approached me I'd have gone for him. Fat f*cker in his 60s I'd guess, probably why he didn't hang around!

Did you get his number plate? If so I'd report him anyway - he might have form.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Another option might be getting a Garmin Varia Radar - no camera but it is the best accessory I have bought. Makes you feel much safer and gives you a nice warning when idiots are going too fast or close to you when passing. Plenty of notice to take action (like picking up a bottle to launch at the car :laugh:)

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-varia-rearview-bike-radar-rtl515

I have recommended this to a couple people and upon buying it they have agreed with me - they didn't know how they rode without it before.

Food for thought :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member

I have the cycliq and it’s darned good. 2 years no issues. Video quality excellent and good enough in low light. The light beam is good if you ride on unlit roads and the flasher I use in urban riding for visibility is good enough others comment and ask what light it is and then surprised it’s a camera too. I have actually used in the rain at some point and it survived. Spendy but doesn’t seem to have the issues the rear light has.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Another option might be getting a Garmin Varia Radar - no camera but it is the best accessory I have bought. Makes you feel much safer and gives you a nice warning when idiots are going too fast or close to you when passing. Plenty of notice to take action (like picking up a bottle to launch at the car :laugh:)

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-varia-rearview-bike-radar-rtl515

I have recommended this to a couple people and upon buying it they have agreed with me - they didn't know how they rode without it before.

Food for thought :okay:

I use this too now on rides out of town. It’s very reassuring !

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Why do you think i got it? Oh, and for when you are approaching :tongue: Richmond park 2019....:rolleyes:^_^
2DFE7F73-CAAB-46C7-BBF8-F9759762DA36.gif

below the belt sir 😁

Top Bottom