Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyone else's race uploaded to strava? Mine hasn't....

bridgy

Legendary Member
Any ideas how I can find the .fit file for the ride and upload it maually to Strava?

It's showing on my profile page on Zwiftpower but it's not showing in my activity list on Zwift.com so I can't download it from there.

I know you can also potentially download the .fit file from Zwiftpower in the "My Activities" tab, but although the race shows on my main profile page it's not in "My activities" on ZP either - weird!

I did a short warm down ride after the race and that's on Zwift.com, Strava and "My Activities" on ZP....

Any ideas anyone??

Del C

Veteran
On Apple TV
There’s a bug introduced by Zwift on Apple TV.

It surfaced when the Zwift Classics were being raced in the summer. It affected me and it sounds like you’ve hit the same problem.

I think what happens is if you do an extended warm up and then join the event, the warm up ride closes and creates a .fit file, but the new ride (ie the race) doesn’t create a .fit file. Zwiftpower is ok as it has the live data to go on, but you’ll see that the data never updates from the green lightning bolt symbol (live data) to blue (.fit file)

You get a final time on Zwift when you cross the line, but again of you click on the ride in your Zwift ride feed, you can never get the detail of the ride, again because there’s no .fit file. So, the ride doesn’t get sent to Strava, and you can’t download the ride from Zwift because………. There’s no .fit file!

Zwift are supposed to be working on a fix for this. Their advice is every time you complete an activity, exit Zwift and then restart the app on Apple TV. The next time you log in, the App will record a .fit file.

I’ve been doing the following. I log in to Zwift and ride my warm up. When that’s done, I save the ride, exit Zwift and restart the app. You do this by clicking the button with the screen symbol twice. You then get the apps that are open on Apple TV in a line across the screen, with the last app you used, ie Zwift, centre screen. Swipe up and Zwift will exit the TV screen at the top. Press the Menu button and you return to the Apple TV home screen.

Then I log back in to Zwift, follow the standard process to start a ride, Go to any world of the 3 on offer and immediately accept the invite to join the race.

It’s a pain, but its worked every time I’ve used this method. There’s been a lot of discussion about this on the support forum as you might guess.

I did wonder if they fixed this in their last update, but couldn’t see anything about it. Your experience suggests they haven’t.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
are you sure you did the race ?

bridgy

Legendary Member
There’s a bug introduced by Zwift on Apple TV.

It surfaced when the Zwift Classics were being raced in the summer. It affected me and it sounds like you’ve hit the same problem.

I think what happens is if you do an extended warm up and then join the event, the warm up ride closes and creates a .fit file, but the new ride (ie the race) doesn’t create a .fit file. Zwiftpower is ok as it has the live data to go on, but you’ll see that the data never updates from the green lightning bolt symbol (live data) to blue (.fit file)

You get a final time on Zwift when you cross the line, but again of you click on the ride in your Zwift ride feed, you can never get the detail of the ride, again because there’s no .fit file. So, the ride doesn’t get sent to Strava, and you can’t download the ride from Zwift because………. There’s no .fit file!

Zwift are supposed to be working on a fix for this. Their advice is every time you complete an activity, exit Zwift and then restart the app on Apple TV. The next time you log in, the App will record a .fit file.

I’ve been doing the following. I log in to Zwift and ride my warm up. When that’s done, I save the ride, exit Zwift and restart the app. You do this by clicking the button with the screen symbol twice. You then get the apps that are open on Apple TV in a line across the screen, with the last app you used, ie Zwift, centre screen. Swipe up and Zwift will exit the TV screen at the top. Press the Menu button and you return to the Apple TV home screen.

Then I log back in to Zwift, follow the standard process to start a ride, Go to any world of the 3 on offer and immediately accept the invite to join the race.

It’s a pain, but its worked every time I’ve used this method. There’s been a lot of discussion about this on the support forum as you might guess.

I did wonder if they fixed this in their last update, but couldn’t see anything about it. Your experience suggests they haven’t.
Thanks a lot - that must be it. Although in my case I didn't do any warm up as I was really tight for time, so I just joined the race immediately. But still, it definitely sounds like the same kind of problem.

Oh well, at least it's on ZP!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Thanks a lot - that must be it. Although in my case I didn't do any warm up as I was really tight for time, so I just joined the race immediately. But still, it definitely sounds like the same kind of problem.

Oh well, at least it's on ZP!

You can't get them back if you did it on Apple TV - it's happened to me before. I just opted for a manual entry with a photo of the Zwift screen as proof.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
There seem to be so many bugs undocumented features with Apple TV that I kind of wonder why anyone ever uses it. Can't you get the same effect by hooking up a laptop to a GBFO TV with an HDMI cable, and running Zwift through Windows? Aren't there a whole lot of things, like importing custom workouts and doing the prefs-file worldhack, which aren't possible in ATV? Apparently mid-race bike swaps are a ball-ache too...

Del C

Veteran
There seem to be so many bugs undocumented features with Apple TV that I kind of wonder why anyone ever uses it. Can't you get the same effect by hooking up a laptop to a GBFO TV with an HDMI cable, and running Zwift through Windows? Aren't there a whole lot of things, like importing custom workouts and doing the prefs-file worldhack, which aren't possible in ATV? Apparently mid-race bike swaps are a ball-ache too...
Apple TV is actually very good. I can run Zwift on my MacBook, but I prefer Apple TV, which is cheap, sits out in garage all the time, loads faster and has perfectly good enough graphics.

It's one failure is the remote is a pile of crap. You do get used to it and for most actions it's a minor inconvenience at worst, but I do agree that taking on a mid race bike swap is something I wouldn't risk unless I had to.

The latest problem discussed above is a fault introduced by Zwift. This has never happened until the last Zwift update, so not really fair to aim that one at Apple TV.

Joffey

Big Dosser

To be honest having used Mac / iPad / iPhone and Apple TV I'd say that Apple TV my favourite way of using Zwift. I've only had it go wrong once - I can let them off with that ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
I tend to agree with Del and Joffey - having run Zwift on a laptop for years before I got Apple TV I much prefer ATV on the whole. It's just simple, easy, and quick, means I don't have to either dedicate a whole laptop or PC to it permanently or have the faff of connecting one up to the TV every time I want to go on Zwift. This is the first time something like this has happened, and it usually runs completely smoothly - I experienced way more glitches and issue on a PC than I ever have on ATV, not to mention the dreaded Windows update that kicks in without being asked just before a race - that happened a few times!

The things you list as not being easy or possible on ATV are not things I ever do or want to do so not an issue for me

Top Bottom