Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just waiting up to watch the Fury fight and my hand might have slipped and ordered a Wattbike Atom... :laugh:

😂

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Likewise mate. It was just like old times watching you disappear up the hill 😂. I enjoyed that tonight and looking forward to a few more.

😄 You definitely returned the favour a fair few times yourself

If there are any spare places in the CycleChat ZRL teams then I'd be up for helping out.

👍👍

We’ve got the capacity for two teams in B and one in C at the moment.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Anyone else ever wonder how much of a Zwift subscribers fee is spent advertising to that particular subscriber?!

I can't watch a youtube video these days without seeing G or MvDP Zwifting in front of an iPad without a single bead of sweat, I receive a cycling mag once per month and it has a full ad for Zwift on the back cover, and every ad break for racing on TV usually has at least two Zwift ads!!

<Tommy>

Anyone else ever wonder how much of a Zwift subscribers fee is spent advertising to that particular subscriber?!

I can't watch a youtube video these days without seeing G or MvDP Zwifting in front of an iPad without a single bead of sweat, I receive a cycling mag once per month and it has a full ad for Zwift on the back cover, and every ad break for racing on TV usually has at least two Zwift ads!!

Totally agree

It would just be nice if they spent a bit more time focused on the racing. Because in terms of the racing I don’t even think it’s a financial compromise that stops them improving it. I don’t know exactly what it is to be honest. I assume they’re more worried about putting off casual racers, than making the experience better for the more hardcore racers. Because it seems like such an easy fix to sure up the cat boundaries.

In conclusion I just wish they had a genuine, heavily financially backed competitor. To make them buck up their ideas a bit.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Totally agree

It would just be nice if they spent a bit more time focused on the racing. Because in terms of the racing I don’t even think it’s a financial compromise that stops them improving it. I don’t know exactly what it is to be honest. I assume they’re more worried about putting off casual racers, than making the experience better for the more hardcore racers. Because it seems like such an easy fix to sure up the cat boundaries.

In conclusion I just wish they had a genuine, heavily financially backed competitor. To make them buck up their ideas a bit.
Yeah, does get pretty irritating being forced to watch the Zwift advertising through to the end. Though sometimes it breaks up the , for me, irritating juvenile boys GCN videos. God knows what they are paying for all this advertising but at least they are also sponsoring the womens tour next year;

https://www.cyclingnews.com/amp/news/zwift-to-sponsor-new-womens-tour-de-france-in-2022/

Still, would be nice to see some improvements and updates.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Yeah, does get pretty irritating being forced to watch the Zwift advertising through to the end. Though sometimes it breaks up the , for me, irritating juvenile boys GCN videos. God knows what they are paying for all this advertising but at least they are also sponsoring the womens tour next year;

https://www.cyclingnews.com/amp/news/zwift-to-sponsor-new-womens-tour-de-france-in-2022/

Still, would be nice to see some improvements and updates.

A virtual prologue on the Champs? :ohmy: That would be bold. (PS they are not suggesting that!)

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Let’s hope the fight with your missus when she finds out isn’t quite as bloody! (Can’t see you lasting 11 rounds to be fair Joff 😄)

She's paying for half of it :becool: If anyone would like wife training tips just shout... :laugh:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Does anyone use a fan controller in their pain cave?

I have read about using a dimmer switch vs a fan controller, and it seems like both could work but a dimmer is likely to reduce the lifespan of a fan and maybe cause it to overheat. I can't work out whether it's worth spending an extra £20+ on a controller to extend the life of a fan that only costs £30 itself?!

Anyone use a dimmer or controller and can share experiences? :smile:

<Tommy>

I have read about using a dimmer switch vs a fan controller, and it seems like both could work but a dimmer is likely to reduce the lifespan of a fan and maybe cause it to overheat. I can't work out whether it's worth spending an extra £20+ on a controller to extend the life of a fan that only costs £30 itself?!

Yes mate like Andy says I have a dimmer switch. I’m fact it’s a 3 way dimmer switch controlling 3 fans. That’s what gives it the edge I think. I’m not sure you can get a single controller to control more than one fan but I might be wrong. You might think 3 fans is excessive but I may use one, two or three. But having the choice to control them both in number and in output is really excellent when your riding.

I don’t see how using a dimmer switch reduces the fans lifespan that significantly in practice. The dimmer and fan will burn out eventually. But they’re both relatively low cost to replace. And I think I’ve had this set up for maybe 3 years now with no problem.

Joffey

Big Dosser

I have a fan connected to a smart plug (crude) that I have on MAX which gets turned on when the race starts. I also bought a slightly smaller pedestal fan from Lidl that has a little remote so that sits behind me and drags cold air in from the outside. You can operate all settings with the remote.

Top Bottom