Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I guess all the ZRL chitchat is being done through the 'Conversations', but I just wanted to pop in and say 'good luck' to y'all for tonight.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I guess all the ZRL chitchat is being done through the 'Conversations', but I just wanted to pop in and say 'good luck' to y'all for tonight.
For those who may be interested in watching a fat man sweat and battle pain while riding an iTT I think my live stream will be able to be found >>> HERE <<< Should kick into life around 19:35

mjd1988

Guru
Looks like we had a few technicals unfortunately

Tale of two sprints for me. Sprinted crazily early for first sprint point aiming to stay with front group for the climb but even then went stupidly soon.

Held on for the rest of the race then timed last sprint perfectly, out of supertuck at back of back then power on full blast and finished top 20 (I think) which I'm v happy with

Power numbers defo felt better but will be effected by supertucking.

How'd everyone else get on?

Edit; sqeaked into B numbers. Was enjoying my wee run of c races, I have to say!

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Looks like we had a few technicals unfortunately

Tale of two sprints for me. Sprinted crazily early for first sprint point aiming to stay with front group for the climb but even then went stupidly soon.

Held on for the rest of the race then timed last sprint perfectly, out of supertuck at back of back then power on full blast and finished top 20 (I think) which I'm v happy with

Power numbers defo felt better but will be effected by supertucking.

How'd everyone else get on?

Edit; sqeaked into B numbers. Was enjoying my wee run of c races, I have to say!

View attachment 613381

Michael, good to see you back in B :okay:^_^

Joffey

Big Dosser
We did well! :becool:

• Carl 8th and a squillion sprint points
  • Joffey 13th - nice to be back up there even though it was just hanging on for dear life!
  • Ian 34th with his best ever ZRL finish! Well done mate!
  • Jeff 41st and 7th on one of the sprints
  • John 48th sadly just missing out at the end
  • Tony 54th but not a course that suits him
  • Steve sat in France eating veal cutlets alla Milanese with a tomato and mozzarella gnocchi (presumably a recce for Casse Pattes next week)

Overall we finished 4th, only 4 points behind 3rd and 18 behind 2nd.

Well done everyone else and well done CCC'ers :okay:

Last edited:

sasquath

Does anyone use a fan controller in their pain cave?

I have read about using a dimmer switch vs a fan controller, and it seems like both could work but a dimmer is likely to reduce the lifespan of a fan and maybe cause it to overheat. I can't work out whether it's worth spending an extra £20+ on a controller to extend the life of a fan that only costs £30 itself?!

Anyone use a dimmer or controller and can share experiences? :smile:
If you think of such controller
https://www.screwfix.com/p/manrose-...oh_TMN5dDF4hqnRIq3xoC1YQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Rest assured it's essentially a triac dimmer in different case.
Unless you set your fan at extremely low speed there's nothing that can wear out quicker.
In massive fans with run capacitors your capacitor might have harder life but it's £6 part...

steverob

Guru
We did well! :becool:
Overall we finished 4th, only 4 points behind 3rd and 18 behind 2nd.
I believe that’s CCCs best ever team placing!:hyper::wahhey::thumbsup:

BurningLegs

Veteran
My first ride for two weeks tonight, on the way back from illness.

Did a combined 50 mins in a warm up then group ride. Felt good during the ride but coughed my guts up immediately afterwards and wheezing now!

Got a new threshold HR. My threshold HR is now at 187bpm (based on 20m at 191😬!)

My fitness is now the joint lowest it’s been since April (and I had the snip in May!), after starting to get it turned around in the run up to ZRL. Oh well, there’s clearly plenty of reason to get riding more! 🙂

Joffey

Big Dosser
Can't ride my bike tomorrow... cos I'm filming a TV programme about quoits :laugh:

Soon I will be too famous to talk to you guys so make the most of it whilst you can. Hollywood here I come :becool:

613695 613696 613697

It should be fun anyway and the weather is nice tomorrow. DM for autographs... I will sign your moobs if required for a small fee. That reminds me, must start up an OnlyFans :laugh:

Joking aside it should be on next year and I'll look like an absolute idiot in it so I look forward to the piss taking. Have a good weekend everyone!

Top Bottom