Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Petit Kom is horrible. Faded badly in the last quarter each time.

Very pleased in general, myself and @<Tommy> finished 9th and 10th FAL a few times and I think I saw @Girafitti post a few v fast FTS times but haven't arrived on zwiftpower yet.

Top 15 for me and Top 10 for Tommy :notworthy:, front group sprint twice and very surprised to see us back together again before it all broke clear again. Knackered but the anvils and supertucks were invaluable. How'd everyone else get on?
Great results for you and @<Tommy> - awesome :bravo:

steverob

Guru
CCC Team did really well, even if I personally didn't!

@IrishAl made his C debut with an amazing 5th place overall plus 5th, 5th & 6th on the sprints and 3rd and 7th on the climbs. @Whorty did his usual superb effort with 12th place overall plus 4th & 9th sprinting, 3rd and 8th climbing. I think there were also some fastest segment times between those two as well, but haven't worked them out yet.

@Johnsop99 was 44th, @Joffey 52nd, me and @Aleman 64th & 65th. I tried to go out the gate fast to see if I could hang with the sprinters, but failed to latch on and then that effort backfired on me when my right leg seized up with cramp about 2km later and I had to completely stop. Rode round gently at the back of the pack till I recovered, then eventually caught up to Tony and rode round the last 15km with him.

Last edited:
Went for the two first sprints, I think second time on the first and no top 10 on the second as the Guy in front of me in the lead group gapped. Tried to hold on to some groups but got dropped on the KOM. Was able to ride in a group with o malley for the second round but got dropped again on the KOM but was able to hunt down a group of two on the downhill and won the sprint although there were no Points Involved bit just for the Prestige. Came An inch from vomiting though. Well done everyone!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

@IrishAl made his C debut with an amazing 5th place overall plus 5th, 5th & 6th on the sprints and 3rd and 7th on the climbs. @Whorty did his usual superb effort with 12th place overall plus 4th & 9th sprinting, 3rd and 8th climbing. I think there were also some fastest segment times between those two as well, but haven't worked them out yet.

@Johnsop99 was 44th, @Joffey 52nd, me and @Aleman 64th & 65th. I tried to go out the gate fast to see if I could hang with the sprinters, but failed to latch on and then that backfired on me when my right leg seized up with cramp about 2km later and I had to completely stop. Rode round gently at the back of the pack till I recovered, then eventually caught up to Tony and rode round the last 15km with him.
Thanks for the write up @steverob. I was so glad to see the finish line was at the foot of the Aqueduct and not the top as I was expecting. Great going everyone. How did the Splitters get on?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

@Johnsop99 was 44th, @Joffey 52nd, me and @Aleman 64th & 65th. I tried to go out the gate fast to see if I could hang with the sprinters, but failed to latch on and then that effort backfired on me when my right leg seized up with cramp about 2km later and I had to completely stop. Rode round gently at the back of the pack till I recovered, then eventually caught up to Tony and rode round the last 15km with him.
I blew up on that KoM, didn't quite have the legs to get over and then hold the wheels. A very big 'pop' :laugh:

Edit ... i feel xx(

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I messed up the start. I thought I could hang onto the tails of the large group but I fell off because I wasn’t paying attention. Suddenly there was a 3-4s gap and I was in 80th place . The gap doesn’t sound much but at 45-50kph I couldn’t bridge on my own and no one in my group would help so the gap grew and grew. So I settled in trying to avoid leading the group and only really going for it on the climbs. That said by the time of the 2nd Kom I was pretty shot and willing the race to end. Glad to have made my way through the field to about 50th but was hoping for better power and Kom times.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Petit Kom is horrible. Faded badly in the last quarter each time.

Very pleased in general, myself and @<Tommy> finished 9th and 10th FAL a few times and I think I saw @Girafitti post a few v fast FTS times but haven't arrived on zwiftpower yet.

Top 15 for me and Top 10 for Tommy :notworthy:, front group sprint twice and very surprised to see us back together again before it all broke clear again. Knackered but the anvils and supertucks were invaluable. How'd everyone else get on?

Good going mate 👍👍. For someone who says he doesn’t like hills you showed a lot of staying power on that second climb! I think the front group must of been quite soft because I think a group that size should stay away. But I can’t really complain because I I was adrift too after the first climb but managed to latch back on in a group of three. And then I didn’t do any work at the front. Maybe everyone was weary of putting in too much effort because of the length of the race and the climb ahead. I know I was. And when the 2nd group came back and I saw you were in it I was happy really.

Well done everyone 👍👍

steverob

Guru
https://zwiftinsider.com/neokyo-preview/

I always like the sound of new roads, but some more lumps would be good.
I wonder where in the existing Makuri map this will link up with. My guess is somewhere off to the top right near the rice paddies. It'll have to be quite a long connecting road as when you're travelling along it, it'll slowly have to turn from day to night, otherwise the effect will be really jarring.

I think there will probably be some short sharp hills on the city part of the map, especially that sort of maze of roads in the bottom right area - that looks like it'll all be overpasses and underpasses snaking round each other.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I have not listened yet but the Zwiftcast is about all this:

This Season on Zwift offers Zwifters a taster of what’s coming up in the coming weeks and months. This is a big change of direction from HQ, which has previously kept future plans close to its chest.
We now know we are getting a neon-fest of an extension to Makuri Islands. We know that there’ll be a new way to interact with the game with a much improved Home Screen. And we now know that Clubs is due to get a big jolt of new functionality.
The Zwiftcasters discuss the upcoming new features and analyse the implications of what’s a big decision for Zwift in how it relates to its community.
Game creator Jon Mayfield has given a rare interview to a Cycling Tips podcast and as always, when Jon talks, it’s worth listening. Simon, Shane and Nathan pick over Jon’s thoughts on his new role at the company and his thoughts on innovation in indoor cycling.
The Zwiftcasters discuss possible new moves from putative rivals this winter before moving on to discuss Zwift’s burgeoning relations with the UCI and ASO and how those manifest as the big new sponsorship of, and revival of, the women’s Tour de France plus the staging of the official e-World Champs to be run on Zwift next February.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I like the lucky cats on the new route ^_^

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
And we now know that Clubs is due to get a big jolt of new functionality.
Implementation of 'Clubs' is, I believe, at the heart of what may allow better TTT functionality - wrapping TTT squads up as an identified entity. Hopefully this could lead to
  • conveyor-belt starts
  • no drafting other teams (no sticky-draft faff with having to accelerate past caught teams, or having to ease off when caught)
  • drafting enabled within teams when using TT bikes for TTTs (yes, I know it's only cosmetic, but it'd be so much better!)
  • 'live results' and instant TTT results on ZwiftPower

Top Bottom