Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
So my Wattbike Atom arrived yesterday! Seems a lovely machine and after a 2 mile ride round London I think it’s a better ride than my Tacx Flux S.

BUT the big question is… Anyone know if I am going to gain or lose watts using it over the Flux S? :wacko:

Hopefully it’s not too many either way cos I’ve lost about 50 watts over the summer from my FTP… :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
50W is nothing mate ;)

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So my Wattbike Atom arrived yesterday! Seems a lovely machine and after a 2 mile ride round London I think it’s a better ride than my Tacx Flux S.

BUT the big question is… Anyone know if I am going to gain or lose watts using it over the Flux S? :wacko:

Hopefully it’s not too many either way cos I’ve lost about 50 watts over the summer from my FTP… :laugh:

Congrats mate 👍👍

I’ve heard it over reads by about 25%

yours sincerely,

Embittered neo owner

bridgy

Legendary Member
If I was a smart trainer or smart bike manufacturer I'd start a covert social media campaign of random people saying how it over-reads watts on Zwift, whilst officially stating that the accuracy is spot on so as to give consumers plausible deniability once they get one.....bound to increase sales :becool:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Maybe @Norry1 is a plant from Wahoo and his unequivocal evidence of Neo over reports are fabricated so Wahoo can take the accuracy high ground?

So what is it @Norry1 - are you a plant or is the Neo a dream come true for those looking to add a few watts? 😉
That's a good point actually because the vast majority of reports on Neo power are that they under-report power compared to other trainers and power sources so getting a few Norry anecdotes out there would be exactly what the Wahoo marketing department would be doing.... :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Maybe @Norry1 is a plant from Wahoo and his unequivocal evidence of Neo over reports are fabricated so Wahoo can take the accuracy high ground?

So what is it @Norry1 - are you a plant or is the Neo a dream come true for those looking to add a few watts? 😉
That's a good point actually because the vast majority of reports on Neo power are that they under-report power compared to other trainers and power sources so getting a few Norry anecdotes out there would be exactly what the Wahoo marketing department would be doing.... :okay:

My conclusions are a tad unsensational I'm afraid.

The concensus from the rides where I had calibrated my Powertap Pedals was that the NEO under-recorded by around 1-3% compared to the pedals. This is remarkably similar to the expected drivetrain losses, so probably a very good correlation between the two.

I think my original measurements were when I didn't believe you were meant to calibrate the pedals, but I do it as a matter of course now.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

i was pretty much the same when switched from NEO to Atom. What I gained though was smoother pedaling, no gear slips and hence loss of 'traction'. Much prefer the Atom compared to any of the previous bike on trainers I've used :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
Ugh that was a hard course. Took a risk and went for 2nd sprint and for 3rd (and 11th fts or thereabouts :sad:) but then just felt awful for the rest of the lap/race. Was all out for that 20mins to hold on then Bridgy and me got distanced by the smallest Margin at the top of Kom. I drifted back to the group that we were all in at some point and survival from there on.

Well done @IrishAl no bother to you.

If you didn't get fts on the first lap (in front group) only one other person made it into the top 10 for the whole race.

That looked like a course that would have suited a few CCCers?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Ugh that was a hard course. Took a risk and went for 2nd sprint and for 3rd (and 11th fts or thereabouts :sad:) but then just felt awful for the rest of the lap/race. Was all out for that 20mins to hold on then Bridgy and me got distanced by the smallest Margin at the top of Kom. I drifted back to the group that we were all in at some point and survival from there on.

Well done @IrishAl no bother to you.

If you didn't get fts on the first lap (in front group) only one other person made it into the top 10 for the whole race.

That looked like a course that would have suited a few CCCers?

It suited @Whorty! The rest of us not so much, even with my free watts :laugh:

There might be something in this free watts theory:

Or I might be getting fitter. It’s probably that… :whistle:

Top Bottom