Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Hello chaps, trying to get back on the trainer for start of November. I'll be lowly D cat due to lack of any structured riding this summer. I've had to change my diet/ lifestyle and don't know how this will physically impact any thing more than Z2. Willing to have go once I've got a few general rides under my belt.

My new regime has resulted in 26lb drop in weight in 6 weeks- same to go again, but currently feel great the way its going

See you soon

Norry1

Legendary Member
Hello chaps, trying to get back on the trainer for start of November. I'll be lowly D cat due to lack of any structured riding this summer. I've had to change my diet/ lifestyle and don't know how this will physically impact any thing more than Z2. Willing to have go once I've got a few general rides under my belt.

My new regime has resulted in 26lb drop in weight in 6 weeks- same to go again, but currently feel great the way its going

See you soon

Blimey, that is some drop. Chop an arm off?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

See you soon

Keep going mate 👍

Joffey

Big Dosser

See you soon

Wow well done! Would be interested to know what you are eating etc for that kind of weightloss - obviously only if it doesn't pry too much into your personal life. I need to lose some weight myself. 26lb in 6 weeks is some drop. Again, well done Andy :okay:

BurningLegs

Veteran
These developments from Zwift all sound good and worthwhile, but weren’t we talking about clubs and a new user interface this time last year (and even before that!)?

If I remember correctly they even said that a new user interface was completely done and dusted, scheduled for release but they pulled it because of covid and needed to pivot focus towards onboarding a huge number of new riders with all the operational challenges that go with it

I’m currently thinking “believe it when I see it”

And why introduce as big a change as a new interface during their peak season? Should have been done in the summer if you ask me.

I’m having a bit of a naff day so kind of ranting at this point. Think I will leave it there 🤣

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Wow well done! Would be interested to know what you are eating etc for that kind of weightloss - obviously only if it doesn't pry too much into your personal life. I need to lose some weight myself. 26lb in 6 weeks is some drop. Again, well done Andy :okay:
Hi Joffey dont mind at all, if it helps someone else.

I became rather overweight, decided to loose weight and out of interest to have a private A1C glucose test. This indicated I'm prediabetic

I was surprised and yet not, if you get what I mean- excess food and the wrong type has been my lifelong weakness.

. I'd started a low carb, high fat, natural food diet. Basically all processed carbs, which are glucose sugar are out from my lifestyle until I can fully get my glucose levels back under control. I lost about a stone (14lb) in a month but then just stalled.

I decided to employ intermittent fasting, starting by having breakfast later in the morning, then dropped breakfast and went with two meal a deal (2MAD) at 12pm and 6pm. Weight still held, slowly dropping.

I progressed to one meal a day OMAD and now my weight comes off easily. I do 3 to 4 days a week OMAD. I eat till satisfied on the one meal, good veggies, full fats and proteins.

Now the side effects if you can call them that. I sleep better, don't feel hungry when fasting, wake up and feel full of energy. My mental attitude is far better, sharper too. Hormonally, my Insulin levels are down and my counter regularly hormones are elevated whilst I fast, these include noradrenaline, and growth hormone. Though I lost a chunk of weight quickly my muscles don't seem to be smaller. I've began weight training and will resume regular bike riding once I get a few business matters sorted for the end of this month.

As I said I feel great, don't crave any of the bad foods, basically carbs- just needed to go cold turkey for a couple pf weeks to break the cycle of eating carbs.

bobinski

Legendary Member

I became rather overweight, decided to loose weight and out of interest to have a private A1C glucose test. This indicated I'm prediabetic

I was surprised and yet not, if you get what I mean- excess food and the wrong type has been my lifelong weakness.

. I'd started a low carb, high fat, natural food diet. Basically all processed carbs, which are glucose sugar are out from my lifestyle until I can fully get my glucose levels back under control. I lost about a stone (14lb) in a month but then just stalled.

I decided to employ intermittent fasting, starting by having breakfast later in the morning, then dropped breakfast and went with two meal a deal (2MAD) at 12pm and 6pm. Weight still held, slowly dropping.

I progressed to one meal a day OMAD and now my weight comes off easily. I do 3 to 4 days a week OMAD. I eat till satisfied on the one meal, good veggies, full fats and proteins.

Now the side effects if you can call them that. I sleep better, don't feel hungry when fasting, wake up and feel full of energy. My mental attitude is far better, sharper too. Hormonally, my Insulin levels are down and my counter regularly hormones are elevated whilst I fast, these include noradrenaline, and growth hormone. Though I lost a chunk of weight quickly my muscles don't seem to be smaller. I've began weight training and will resume regular bike riding once I get a few business matters sorted for the end of this month.

As I said I feel great, don't crave any of the bad foods, basically carbs- just needed to go cold turkey for a couple pf weeks to break the cycle of eating carbs.

Good to see you back under control Andy. At this rate we will have to call you "the cyclist formerly known as cuddles" ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
I quite like the sensible diet (as in what to eat and not eat) and fasting advice that Mark Lewis gives on his YT channel. Like Andy, non processed carbs, veggies etc.

Joffey

Big Dosser

Sounds even more impressive. One meal a day. I presume that's at 6pm. I might give 2MED a go!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Andy - please don’t think for one minute I was being flippant about things
I have been known to post without thinking things thru 🙄
But it’s good that it’s working for you and anything that gets you back on bike is got to be good 👍 so well done on the weight front mate and it will be good to see you kicking out megawatts like you used to

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Big pairing-screen bug in the latest update; hitting the pairing screen no longer stops you, but keeps you going at the same speed for zero effort!

Top Bottom