Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
I would just like to say that the cat thing sucks for people like me , it stopped me racing with people I like to race with and rarely won against and that was the main reason I went elsewhere
Because of swifts sizeist attitude it means if I try to keep up with B s , it throws me into A where I have no chance -I only just keep up in B
But that’s just my 5ps worth
Oh look I agree with the general point you’re making.

I got upgraded from C to B about 2/3 of the way through a DBR season and went from being at the front of every race to being kicked out the back of every race for the rest of the season. It was soul destroying.

My upgrade was because my 20 minutes w/kg were comfortably over the B cat threshold, while my 1 minute and lower values were decidedly C cat at best. So, I struggled to even stay with the starts at first. I’m guessing that’s not dissimilar to your experiences when you got moved up to A cat?

I just didn’t think that any of that crap really applied when we did the last Cyclechat leagues, but as I said before, just my opinion and not worth any more than that. I can see that I’m probably in a minority.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
@bridgy, shall we schedule the race?
Yeah sure. I did suggest the flat Neokyo course (just because it's new and looks nice!) but @steverob came back and said to stick with the original plan on the flattest of flat courses, Tempus Fugit so I'm happy to go with that.

Does 30km sound about right to people? Or a little longer maybe?

Also, are most people happy to keep to the same day and timeslot - Wednesday 7.45pm?

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Yeah sure. I did suggest the flat Neokyo course (just because it's new and looks nice!) but @steverob came back and said to stick with the original plan on the flattest of flat courses, Tempus Fugit so I'm happy to go with that.

Also, are most people happy to keep to the same day and timeslot - Wednesday 7.45pm?
Route: I think there's now talk of stage 4, so how about we finish off with the Neokyo but stick to Tempus Fugit for stage2?

Distance: I'm fine with whatever. 30k sounds good. Slow riders like me should do it in about an hour?

Timeslot: Works for me. I'm probably more flexible than others. Still working from home and whatnot.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Maybe 35km? Under an hour for a fast group, maybe 65 min for the slower groups.

Sprint finish could be an interesting 20 seconds at the end :bicycle:

steverob

Guru
Distance: I'm fine with whatever. 30k sounds good. Slow riders like me should do it in about an hour?
My fastest time on this course for two laps plus the lead-in* is about 55 minutes, so you should be not far off that I'd estimate. The really fast guys will be doing it in about 46-47 minutes is my guess.

* - that distance was 36.83km for a race from the start pens; not sure where the spawn point for a meetup is, but I think it is a little before that, so we'd best do 37 or 38km to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
My fastest time on this course for two laps plus the lead-in* is about 55 minutes, so you should be not far off that I'd guess. The really fast guys will be doing it in about 46-47 minutes is my guess.

* - that distance was 36.83km for a race from the start pens; not sure where the spawn point for a meetup is, but I think it is a little before that, so we'd best do 37 or 38km to be on the safe side.
TBH it doesn't really matter how long the race is at Tempus Fugit - it'll come down to the last few kms, someone might chance their arm but it'll probably be a sprint, and, unless it's on the little rise by the waterfall, it'll be a pan-flat sprint. Maybe make it at least one lap so that @Peter Salt can get the route badge, but who cares how long the race actually is? The shorter the race, the smaller the time gaps and the shorter time those who get dropped have to ride around on their own.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Not that we need this yet as obviously there's only been one stage so far, but I thought I'd do the spreadsheet anyway. At the very least it makes the gaps to the next rider clear and you can also see the time that anyone missing yesterday's stage will have been given.

1637875636929.png

I've put everyone's names down as what they appeared as on the Zwift results (minus any appended team names), but if anyone would prefer to be listed under their forum name / real name / other nickname instead, then please let me know.

steverob

Guru
TBH it doesn't really matter how long the race is at Tempus Fugit - it'll come down to the last few kms, someone might chance their arm but it'll probably be a sprint, and, unless it's on the little rise by the waterfall, it'll be a pan-flat sprint. Maybe make it at least one lap so that @Peter Salt can get the route badge, but who cares how long the race actually is? The shorter the race, the smaller the time gaps and the shorter time those who get dropped have to ride around on their own.
It's not so much the distance that I'm aiming for here, but getting a decent amount of riding time. There's no point in having one stage that's only 20-30 minutes long when the rest are all about 1 hour (for the slower riders anyway). I'm much less keen to rush home if it's only a really short race.

35 - 40km should be about the right length for that amount of time, but if it turns out that 2 laps happens to fall within that range anyway, I thought we might as well try to get close to that distance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom