Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Holy shoot, this is the latest I've stayed up since I rode the National 24 in 2006. I've also been awake since 2am yesterday... and I've finished my work! 304 pages of calculations :wacko:. Unfortunately, my colleague is also preparing around 100 pages for a different structure in the same project, and I need to check her calcs tomorrow, when I'm compos mentis. Now, though, it's back home to bed...

mjd1988

Guru
Holy shoot, this is the latest I've stayed up since I rode the National 24 in 2006. I've also been awake since 2am yesterday... and I've finished my work! 304 pages of calculations :wacko:. Unfortunately, my colleague is also preparing around 100 pages for a different structure in the same project, and I need to check her calcs tomorrow, when I'm compos mentis. Now, though, it's back home to bed...

:notworthy: well done mate, hope you get some decent sleep after all that and no more stressful projects on that scale for a while, nothings worth that :sad:

straas

Matt
Some of the proper Zwift races are set up with no drafting for all bikes - e.g. the Backpedal Hill Climb Series (Saturday 7.30 am). Because many of the hills have a bit of a flat lead-in, it's a tossup between a super-lightweight road bike, a TT bike, or Tron. I'm down to ride the last event (Innsbruck KOM) this weekend. However...

I'm filling myself with Lebkuchen to keep myself awake while trying to finish off these calculations (deadline tomorrow on the project that has been the monkey on my back for the last 9 months - I've been in tears in the office twice this week... :sad:). Hopefully I'll get the final tranche finished by breakfast time, and be able to go home for a kip while they're being checked through. The long and short of that is that I'm still going to be über-tired on Saturday morning and probably need to adjust my in-game weight!

Is this a one off or par for the course?

I left my old job earlier in the year because of lack of support/resource. The stress wasnt worth it and I've got a much better team now.

It does seem like an employee's market currently too...

Legs

Is this a one off or par for the course?
Just this project, Matt - it’s the same one I was grumbling about way back in, I think, May! The CDM Principal Designer had way overstepped his remit and taken it upon himself to check our steelwork calculations in minute detail and flag up dozens of superfluous checks that he insisted were carried out. This final, final issue of the calcs is Revision L!

My employer has been really supportive throughout and I’ve never felt that my Director has been pissed off with me that he, Amanda and I have logged weeks and weeks of time to a job for which we’ve charged a poxy £5000 or so!

I hope that your new job is satisfying and that you’re enjoying the lack of stress!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had an interrupted night sleep so saw your post. Didn't reply as I was wanting my brain to think of sleep.

Be v-glad your project is nearing the finish :okay:

Legs

Hope you get back on top of the sleep deficit soon, Andy.

Paradoxically, I’ve got a really quiet morning at work until Amanda’s had the chance to check through last night’s work, so, since I’m ‘working from home’ and I’ve done my contracted hours for the week (and some!), I think I’m going to treat myself to a longish route badge on Zwift😀

mjd1988

Guru
Hope you get back on top of the sleep deficit soon, Andy.

Paradoxically, I’ve got a really quiet morning at work until Amanda’s had the chance to check through last night’s work, so, since I’m ‘working from home’ and I’ve done my contracted hours for the week (and some!), I think I’m going to treat myself to a longish route badge on Zwift😀

In retrospect given how tough things have been I'm glad I let you have that sprint in that race buddy :whistle:

Norry1

Legendary Member
The cat thing is weird. At the top end of B, the flat races are dominated by the big riders for whom 4w/kg means 340w, and the hilly races are dominated by 55 kg riders doing 250w at 4.5w/kg. That’s not to say that it’s easy for an 85kg rider to put out 4w/kg, but in any large enough population there will be some and they will rise to the top and eclipse the 70kg riders, who get upgraded before they have the chance to win in B.

In the BMCR Races I did last winter, there was one guy, a B, in his 60's who was 100kg and could put out nearly 400W for sustained periods. Very hard to deal with on the flats! Not easy on the hills either to be fair, but at least a chance there.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Internet search tells me Tempus Fugit is 17.3km without the lead-in. The 'standard' lead-in is 2.4km. So 2*17.3+2.4=37km.

We could use the lead-in as warm up? And 'go, go, go' from the course banner? I'm assuming there will be one?

[EDIT]:

Alternatively, someone can create a mock meetup and ride from the starting position to the banner to check the distance. A bit of a hassle but would allow to fine-tune the distance.
I'll set up a meetup for this evening and ride that to check out the distances - kind of makes sense to try and set it up to complete 2 full laps as 30km is so close to that anyway

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Sorry, just got up. ^_^

No, I can normally, get an early night next evening and bounce back
I'm cursed. I wake up 07:30 every day, always - workdays, weekends, holidays. No alarm needed, no matter what time I go to sleep. After time change it usually takes me 3-4 days to adjust.

I'd be up for doing an ITT at some point as a stage of our little Tour De Splitters 👍
How about we do that for that last stage? Would be kind of cool to finish things off with a TT.

Last edited:

Legs

I'm cursed. I wake up 07:30 every day, always - workdays, weekends, holidays. No alarm needed, no matter what time I go to sleep. After time change it usually takes me 3-4 days to adjust.
I would KILL for a lie-in until 07:30! TBF, my wife and I take turns at the weekend to get up when the kids wake at 06:00, the same time that they do on weekdays...

Top Bottom