Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm cursed. I wake up 07:30 every day, always - workdays, weekends, holidays. No alarm needed, no matter what time I go to sleep. After time change it usually takes me 3-4 days to adjust.

How about we do that for that last stage? Would be kind of cool to finish things off with a TT.
Yeah, can be a good way of finishing off a GC based race series - @IrishAl do you remember that series we did a while ago where we started the final stage TT just a few seconds apart in GC? I do remember it for some reason, can't think why....:whistle: :cuppa:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Yeah, can be a good way of finishing off a GC based race series - @IrishAl do you remember that series we did a while ago where we started the final stage TT just a few seconds apart in GC? I do remember it for some reason, can't think why....:whistle: :cuppa:

A TT round the flat new roads of Neokyo would be good. We could start riders in reverse GC order 30 seconds / 1 minute apart like a proper Grand Tour ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
A TT round the flat new roads of Neokyo would be good. We could start riders in reverse GC order 30 seconds / 1 minute apart like a proper Grand Tour ^_^
I can't see anything at all going wrong with everyone setting off at 30 second intervals perfectly correctly and then working out correct riding times afterwards :wacko:. It's a nice idea though - just a shame Zwift don't make it easier for us to do things like that.

If we do all just set off together at least the lack of drafting (if everyone remembers to choose a TT bike - another thing it would be nice to make automatic when setting up the race) means it's still individual efforts being measured - and you can keep a close eye on those near you on GC - if you can keep up with them ;).

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I can't see anything at all going wrong with everyone setting off at 30 second intervals perfectly correctly and then working out correct riding times afterwards :wacko:. It's a nice idea though - just a shame Zwift don't make it easier for us to do things like that.

If we do all just set off together at least the lack of drafting (if everyone remembers to choose a TT bike - another thing it would be nice to make automatic when setting up the race) means it's still individual efforts being measured - and you can keep a close eye on those near you on GC - if you can keep up with them ;).
If you want to do it properly, then we may as well sign up to a cromulent Zwift TT event and extract the times from that. Let's see what's on at 19:45 on Wednesday...
1637927723609.png

^_^^_^:laugh::laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
If you want to do it properly, then we may as well sign up to a cromulent Zwift TT event and extract the times from that. Let's see what's on at 19:45 on Wednesday...
View attachment 619441
^_^^_^:laugh::laugh:
But that would (potentially) take away the ability to see time gaps to your rivals in the GC. As there's no drafting with TT bikes anyway I don't see why we don't all just set off together in a meetup race

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I like the idea of reverse grid for the final TT. It would be very motivating to see everyone go past me :laugh:

But that would (potentially) take away the ability to see time gaps to your rivals in the GC. As there's no drafting with TT bikes anyway I don't see why we don't all just set off together in a meetup race
Yup, agree. And ours needs to be longer.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Last time we did one of those, I managed to hold on for the win- not that anyone is talking about it :whistle:
To be fair Andy, we can only remeber so far back in time....;)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Not that we need this yet as obviously there's only been one stage so far, but I thought I'd do the spreadsheet anyway. At the very least it makes the gaps to the next rider clear and you can also see the time that anyone missing yesterday's stage will have been given.

View attachment 619379

I've put everyone's names down as what they appeared as on the Zwift results (minus any appended team names), but if anyone would prefer to be listed under their forum name / real name / other nickname instead, then please let me know.
Not got any suggestions for routes or bikes or anything really - just thought that wonderful spreadsheet is worth another look 👍👍

steverob

Guru
Last time we did one of those, I managed to hold on for the win- not that anyone is talking about it :whistle:
I remember doing a similar race on here once (don't know if it was before or after the one you're talking about), back when I was still a D rider and was set off first with all the Cs and Bs behind. Unlike @CXRAndy I didn't hold on for the win (the course involved Leith Hill, so that was never going to happen!) but I was proud that I managed to hold on to my 30 second advantage for almost 15 minutes. Of course once one rider overtook me, it was then a veritable train of people constantly passing me after that, but I had my (short) moment in the sun!

Top Bottom