Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Very excited, all set up ready for a proper go today hopefully (may have taken more than the advertised 30minutes to put together...)

Be interesting to see if there's any major change in power! Just glad not to be on a bike with 2 working gears

Its heavy isnt it? Hope your backs ok👍

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Yeah, can be a good way of finishing off a GC based race series - @IrishAl do you remember that series we did a while ago where we started the final stage TT just a few seconds apart in GC? I do remember it for some reason, can't think why....:whistle: :cuppa:
That was the best series ever - if I remember correctly we were very close on GC through the series, with one week me getting time on you and The next week you would take time on me. wasnt one of the stages up the Innsbruck KOM where i had a big lead at the bottom of the hill and you overturned it and more by the time we had reached the top.

bridgy

Legendary Member
That was the best series ever - if I remember correctly we were very close on GC through the series, with one week me getting time on you and The next week you would take time on me. wasnt one of the stages up the Innsbruck KOM where i had a big lead at the bottom of the hill and you overturned it and more by the time we had reached the top.
Yeah it was great wasn't it? Yeah we were very close - I think I do remember that stage you mention, and there was no one more surprised by the result than me - you were climbing really well at the time so you must have really cracked, Roglic style! I also remember needing to maintain something like a 20-30 second lead over you in that final TT so I just marked you out of it for the whole stage - sorry about that :angel:

It's a shame there's not more GC based series on Zwift. To be fair my biggest gains on GC were through other people missing stages but it still felt good to move up the leaderboard even then! I think I scraped a top 10 finish in the end

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
But that would (potentially) take away the ability to see time gaps to your rivals in the GC. As there's no drafting with TT bikes anyway I don't see why we don't all just set off together in a meetup race
This ☝

All start off together, on TT bikes, would be horrible fun ... you know you have to catch JoeBlogs by x seconds etc, makes for a very hard race :laugh:

Anyone 30-60 seconds from their rivals would have a great final race.

Whorty

Are we not all waiting for Michael to tell us how he is getting on with his NEO bike? Thats if it was still on the door step ^_^
I think he must have used it the other night ... it's the only thing I can think of why he beat me ... the extra watts from the NEO bike :laugh:

mjd1988

Guru
First race on neobike

Caveats; forgot hrm so disqualified. Also just shy of 20 mins long so ended up pushing past the finish. Also handlebars way too low so sprint messed up a little,

Overall;

Loved it! No pumping tyres etc, just Jump on and go, but will have to sort out configuration (and check cranks, cheers Tommy)

Loved having gears! Totally get why we've stuck with them for the last century or thereabouts. Also meant I could put up trainer difficulty- think I'll try the alpe at some point with my real bike gearing to see how that goes at some point.

Road feel was....surprising, once I hit the dirt I thought the bike was broken but went over a bridge and cottoned on. Not sure if I would use it for a wtrl race that had significant dirt in it but fun feature.

From a racing perspective still able to follow wheels draft etc. Major difference was climbing- felt much smoother without the odd chain slip and again ...having gears. Similarly it was nice to sprint and not have to spin a mad cadence

Ended up finishing 3rd without a power-up. Not a huge field but was in a group of 7 or so that escaped on a steepish hill so more than happy. Shorter blasts do suit me so won't read too much into that.

Power - 20min w/kg 300watts (4 short of best) - I supertucked a couple of times. 5 min power looks good as well but again it was a 19 minute race.

Conclusion
Really really enjoyed it. Seems to work smoothly and going to enjoy tinkering with the set up. Feels power is roughly equivalent to what I had on the kickr snap or maybe even slightly higher +I should show you the state of the old drivetrain so can imagine a few efficiency watts may have been gathered.

Whorty

First race on neobike

Caveats; forgot hrm so disqualified. Also just shy of 20 mins long so ended up pushing past the finish. Also handlebars way too low so sprint messed up a little,

Overall;

Loved it! No pumping tyres etc, just Jump on and go, but will have to sort out configuration (and check cranks, cheers Tommy)

Loved having gears! Totally get why we've stuck with them for the last century or thereabouts. Also meant I could put up trainer difficulty- think I'll try the alpe at some point with my real bike gearing to see how that goes at some point.

Road feel was....surprising, once I hit the dirt I thought the bike was broken but went over a bridge and cottoned on. Not sure if I would use it for a wtrl race that had significant dirt in it but fun feature.

From a racing perspective still able to follow wheels draft etc. Major difference was climbing- felt much smoother without the odd chain slip and again ...having gears. Similarly it was nice to sprint and not have to spin a mad cadence

Ended up finishing 3rd without a power-up. Not a huge field but was in a group of 7 or so that escaped on a steepish hill so more than happy. Shorter blasts do suit me so won't read too much into that.

Power - 20min w/kg 300watts (4 short of best) - I supertucked a couple of times. 5 min power looks good as well but again it was a 19 minute race.

Conclusion
Really really enjoyed it. Seems to work smoothly and going to enjoy tinkering with the set up. Feels power is roughly equivalent to what I had on the kickr snap or maybe even slightly higher +I should show you the state of the old drivetrain so can imagine a few efficiency watts may have been gathered.
Similar to me when I moved from the bike/trainer to the Atom ... having all the gears, no slippage, smooth pedaling, makes such a difference! Really pleased that the first ride was a success :okay:

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
First race on neobike

Overall;

Conclusion

Excellent news! Bet you were worried about watts beforehand😁

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Forgive me for trying to entice someone back - may regret it , but here goes
1637949028481.jpeg

Top Bottom