Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
And before anyone says anything - it’s camera trickery and unfortunately standing further back that gives the illusion of a major height difference
I don't know who's on the photo but they look like twins.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
First race on neobike

Caveats; forgot hrm so disqualified. Also just shy of 20 mins long so ended up pushing past the finish. Also handlebars way too low so sprint messed up a little,

Overall;

Loved it! No pumping tyres etc, just Jump on and go, but will have to sort out configuration (and check cranks, cheers Tommy)

Loved having gears! Totally get why we've stuck with them for the last century or thereabouts. Also meant I could put up trainer difficulty- think I'll try the alpe at some point with my real bike gearing to see how that goes at some point.

Road feel was....surprising, once I hit the dirt I thought the bike was broken but went over a bridge and cottoned on. Not sure if I would use it for a wtrl race that had significant dirt in it but fun feature.

From a racing perspective still able to follow wheels draft etc. Major difference was climbing- felt much smoother without the odd chain slip and again ...having gears. Similarly it was nice to sprint and not have to spin a mad cadence

Ended up finishing 3rd without a power-up. Not a huge field but was in a group of 7 or so that escaped on a steepish hill so more than happy. Shorter blasts do suit me so won't read too much into that.

Power - 20min w/kg 300watts (4 short of best) - I supertucked a couple of times. 5 min power looks good as well but again it was a 19 minute race.

Conclusion
Really really enjoyed it. Seems to work smoothly and going to enjoy tinkering with the set up. Feels power is roughly equivalent to what I had on the kickr snap or maybe even slightly higher +I should show you the state of the old drivetrain so can imagine a few efficiency watts may have been gathered.

Did you not have multiple gears on your old bike Michael?

Unreal how quiet and smooth it is isn’t it!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
And before anyone says anything - it’s camera trickery and unfortunately standing further back that gives the illusion of a major height difference

Good times amigo

Top Bottom