Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
These youngsters... 🙄

Next you'll be telling us you've never heard of VHS...!!!
I remember those! You had to pay extra at the rental place if you haven't done the rewind.

In a few years maybe someone says the same thing about rim brakes too đź‘Ž
I don't have a road bike yet but am very fond of these. When I do eventually get one it will definitely have rim brakes :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I don't know who's on the photo but they look like twins.
@Peter Salt if you haven't already worked it out, it's @berty bassett and @<Tommy> in that photo. We tend to think everyone on here knows this sort of thing now as we've been here a while and many of us have met in real life for cycling events too (good fun, recommended ^_^)

I'll leave you to work out which is which but as you've already seen how much @berty bassett likes to milk a win I'm sure that's an easy one :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ok so I rode Tempus Fugit earlier as a meetup and 2 laps I think finished at 35.3km. I say 'think' because it's not a really obvious finish like some courses, it's just the end of a sprint segment, and the distances don't quite tie in with what zwiftinsider says, but that's what I got! So I thought I'd maybe set the race meetup distance to 35.4km to (hopefully) ensure we complete two full laps as that's kind of neater I think!

mjd1988

Guru
Ok so I rode Tempus Fugit earlier as a meetup and 2 laps I think finished at 35.3km. I say 'think' because it's not a really obvious finish like some courses, it's just the end of a sprint segment, and the distances don't quite tie in with what zwiftinsider says, but that's what I got! So I thought I'd maybe set the race meetup distance to 35.4km to (hopefully) ensure we complete two full laps as that's kind of neater I think!

Appreciate the effort

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Sounds good to me! Schedule it in :okay:

Rode part of the route today with the C pace partner and quite liked it. Bought the aero frame, finally.

Appreciate the effort
Such dedication :notworthy:

steverob

Guru
@bridgy - looking at your ride on Strava, you passed the finish point for the second lap of Tempus Fugit at 37.27km. The banner you passed through at about 35.2km is the same banner but in the reverse direction, which only counts as a sprint point, not as the end of a lap.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
@bridgy - looking at your ride on Strava, you passed the finish point for the second lap of Tempus Fugit at 37.27km. The banner you passed through at about 35.2km is the same banner but in the reverse direction, which only counts as a sprint point, not as the end of a lap.
Uuuu. The 37 would be consistent with ZI. Should we do 37.37, because it looks funny?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ah OK well now I'm even more confused :laugh:. Someone just tell me what distance to set the bloody race for please ^_^

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
@bridgy 37.37

steverob

Guru
37.5 (just to be different / bloody awkward / like round numbers)

We'll pass through the same banner five times in total; three times forward, two times in reverse:
1637965650787.png

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ok I've done it for 35.5km because I agree with Steve that it's neater!!

As always if you haven't had an invite and want one please shout - I have a load of people who follow me on zwift who aren't part of this group who I have to filter out so I usually miss one or two people I should have invited - please don't take it personally!

Edit: I mean 37.5 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom