Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
https://joffeyblog.wordpress.com/2022/01/16/training-diary-week-2/

Week 2 out. Not included is my current constipation that I'm sure slowed me down today. Anyone got a quick cure? I tried a hotshot jarmo for tea but that hasn't helped - just got wind now.
I'm sure we all suffer to some extent with sores or chaffing on the turbos. I use muc off chamois cream as well, but on the turbo I use it sparingly and top it up with Battles Udder cream. As a Yorkshire man, I'm sure you'll appreciate the cost saving (£7 or so for 400ml). It doesn't smell great as it isn't perfumed, but it does the job.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Udder cream is lovely stuff for cracked hands as well

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Happy Monday everyone,
Here is the tdZ General Classification table. For anyone unable to complete a stage I've assigned them the slowest time plus 2 minutes - I'm open to bribes on this for future stages :0
Stage 3 events started this morning and times for the A* riders in and around 50 minutes

Capture2.JPG

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Was looking at this, vague idea I'd stay at my brother's in bishop stortford and nab his bike...keep forgetting England is a fair bit bigger than N Ireland :laugh:

Anyone ever done the Hertfordshire 100?
http://www.sportiveuk.co.uk/hertfordshire-100/
I've never done anything but would really like to. This kind of event - relatively entry level, seems reasonable. Was also looking at the Lincoln 262 - longer but supposedly very flat.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Happy Monday everyone,
Here is the tdZ General Classification table. For anyone unable to complete a stage I've assigned them the slowest time plus 2 minutes - I'm open to bribes on this for future stages :0
Stage 3 events started this morning and times for the A* riders in and around 50 minutes

View attachment 626975
Thanks for doing this @IrishAl

I’m coming for you @kipster @CXRAndy @Girafitti 🎯

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Was looking at this, vague idea I'd stay at my brother's in bishop stortford and nab his bike...keep forgetting England is a fair bit bigger than N Ireland :laugh:

Anyone ever done the Hertfordshire 100?
http://www.sportiveuk.co.uk/hertfordshire-100/

I think I’ve done it twice Michael but maybe just once. The roads in Hertfordshire are really nice and rolling. But they’ve not been very well loved the last few years so they’re not the smoothest. I’d try and join you if you wanted some company though.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
I've never done anything but would really like to. This kind of event - relatively entry level, seems reasonable. Was also looking at the Lincoln 262 - longer but supposedly very flat.
The Tour of Cambridgeshire is definitely worth doing at least once. Loads of the folks on here have previously done it and some have deferred entries for this year as you'll have seen. I've done it three times; once as a 100 miler, twice as an 80 miler (back in the days when that was the longest option).

The whole closed roads thing has certainly spoiled me though - I'm now not interested in travelling far for any sportive that's not closed road; it really makes a lot of difference.

One thing I will say though is that one of the major selling points of the ToC of the course being super flat so you can go really fast; that isn't actually all that appealing to me now I've done it a few times. Those 30-40 miles in the middle of the Fens were the most boring part and if you hit a headwind at the wrong time, you're stuck with it with no place to hide for ages. If I do go back and do it again in 2023 or 24, I'll probably do one of the shorter routes that skips that middle section - but you should do the full course at least one time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom