Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Joffey

Big Dosser
Thanks for the comments chaps and thanks for taking the time to read it. It is really helpful getting your encouragement, advice and feedback.

Got a message from my coach last night saying he is nearly finished 'the masterplan' so hopefully soon I'll be a bit more use in ZRL too ^_^

<Tommy>

Thanks for the comments chaps and thanks for taking the time to read it. It is really helpful getting your encouragement, advice and feedback.

I should be thanking you really mate. I’ve done some math. And I’ve worked out that if I read 3 cycling blogs, and two ccc race reports... I might finally be able to kick my sleeping pill habit!

:highfive:

<Tommy>

All jokes aside… I guess in life being hard on yourself / wanting more, pushing. Is the way humans move forward, “progress”. But it has to be fun too right? You have to look forward to doing it? Maybe that means embracing the difficult? The suffering. Laughing at it. Knowing what the pay off is? I don’t know if that makes sense… but it’s what I do, even if I didn’t articulate it very well… sorry! 🙄

Joffey

Big Dosser
I should be thanking you really mate. I’ve done some math. And I’ve worked out that if I read 3 cycling blogs, and two ccc race reports... I might finally be able to kick my sleeping pill habit!

:highfive:

I can post pics of my chihuahua too - you'll get off to sleep even quicker! :laugh:

<Tommy>

I can post pics of my chihuahua too - you'll get off to sleep even quicker! :laugh:

View attachment 627802

That’s a chihuahua?! Looks like nice a big boy! ( or girl?). I really love my dog.

I’ve been holed up in bed the last couple of days. I ‘might’ of mentioned it once or twice… anyways… I got the covid all clear and I’m feeling a bit better, so last night so I took my dog out for a walk. It dawned on me just how old she’s gotten. It’s kind of crept up on me even though everyone’s been saying it for a year or so. Denial I guess…

Does your dog ever watch you on the turbo? Mine comes and give me a look like “what the feck are you doing up there you idiot?” And walks away again :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
With talk of blogs on the previous page I have just finished my boring blog for week 3 of my training that includes a meltdown and a nice bacon butty: https://joffeyblog.wordpress.com/2022/01/22/training-diary-week-3/

The photos of me are terrible. Feel free to mock.

Motivation is a fickle misstress...You are training, trying to lose weight and racing. Thats a tricky combination to manage for anyone but at least you have Tom to keep an eye on you. It should make it a little easier to ride the inevitable ups and downs.

That said if the road was easy it wouldn't be worth the journey would it?

straas

Matt
With talk of blogs on the previous page I have just finished my boring blog for week 3 of my training that includes a meltdown and a nice bacon butty: https://joffeyblog.wordpress.com/2022/01/22/training-diary-week-3/

The photos of me are terrible. Feel free to mock.

Everyone I know who's done a calorie controlled diet has spent part of it in misery.

Think it's the brains response to a drop in available energy.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Everyone I know who's done a calorie controlled diet has spent part of it in misery.

Agree with the misery but I don't think it has anything to do with energy.

I decided to ease up with calories 3 months ago but never considered tracking calories. Can't imagine what a pain that would be. I'm doing what I'm doing for myself and not to satisfy an app.

They say you need to do something for 10,000 hours to achieve mastery. Even if you take into account just your adult life, you're in a position where you've spent far more than that eating. You know how your body reacts to different foods and at the end of the day: You know what got you where you are now. You don't need a dietician to tell you that your salmon will be less caloric with a baked potato then chips.

That said, knowing is one thing, doing it is another. If you really want an app to support you - get one that will focus on the emotional side of dieting rather then just the mathematical aspect.

Norry1

Legendary Member
@Norry1 what are your race targets for this season? Don’t suppose you’ll be at Thruxton in June??

Meant to ask as well, haven't seen anything on the blog for a while @Norry1 ?

Its about time I bashed out a blog. I tend to do them more when I've done an event rather than the pre-training etc. but it would be good to do a 2021 wash-up and 2022 Plans type blog. I'll get one out this week.

@BurningLegs I do fancy racing at Thruxton as it is one motor racing circuit that I've not been to (mainly racing motorbikes). I can't see any races there in the British Cycling calendar. What event(s) did you have in mind? I don't plan to do any time trialling (anyone want to buy a TT bike?) this year although you never know.

kipster

Guru
Its about time I bashed out a blog. I tend to do them more when I've done an event rather than the pre-training etc. but it would be good to do a 2021 wash-up and 2022 Plans type blog. I'll get one out this week.

@BurningLegs I do fancy racing at Thruxton as it is one motor racing circuit that I've not been to (mainly racing motorbikes). I can't see any races there in the British Cycling calendar. What event(s) did you have in mind? I don't plan to do any time trialling (anyone want to buy a TT bike?) this year although you never know.
They haven't published them yet, but Behind the bike shed (who organise them) have posted this on their Facebook page

View: https://www.facebook.com/917773608311491/posts/4832418410180305/

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

I'm not sure,

I've just had my meal of the day. 12oz sirloin, coated in butter, cauliflower in cheese sauce, carrots, brussels. a couple roast potatoes.

Don't know how many calories, but I'm full now, next food tomorrow afternoon. :okay:

Dropped 2lb this weekend

Top Bottom