Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I saw he did a ride yesterday. I read he's had an injury of some sort and scuppered his year. Hope it's not too serious

I know how that feels all to well this year - hope he's ok. It's very difficult mentally to deal with. @Norry1

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Slightly off topic but a few years ago I bought a racing pigeon for my mate to race from his loft. We called it W@nk Dog. It got lost on one race and was probably the biggest waste of £35 I've ever spent :laugh:

I bought a mouse in a racing syndicate,

it won our league^_^

Unfortunately the trainer's cat ate it, biggest waste of £25 ;)

berty bassett

Legendary Member
You northerners are a very odd bunch !
I’ve got a rat you can have for £40 👍

bridgy

Legendary Member
All self organised. I've done all the routes and booked the hotels. The beauty of having the van means it carries the stuff. A different rider has to drive the van each day and then cycle back to the group.

Also if you're having a bad day you can jump in the van and veg out in the destination town/city.
That sounds awesome Paul - how many of you are going?

So is the plan for the driver of the day to drive to the next destination in the morning, then cycle back and intercept the cyclists at some point then turn round and ride back to the finish destination again with the others?

kipster

Guru
That sounds awesome Paul - how many of you are going?

So is the plan for the driver of the day to drive to the next destination in the morning, then cycle back and intercept the cyclists at some point then turn round and ride back to the finish destination again with the others?

There are nine of us across two vans. So we end up with two drivers a day.

Those two will cycle back to meet up for lunch (hopefully) or somewhere along the route.

The drivers should end up doing 50-60 miles with the main group doing about 100 miles a day. Everyone should get to total 600 ish miles, although I suspect a few (maybe including me) could have a rest day at some point.

The biggest obstacle is finding cafes open in France for little refueling stops. We try and stop every 30 miles or so for at least a coffee.

Top Bottom