Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
There are nine of us across two vans. So we end up with two drivers a day.

Those two will cycle back to meet up for lunch (hopefully) or somewhere along the route.

The drivers should end up doing 50-60 miles with the main group doing about 100 miles a day. Everyone should get to total 600 ish miles, although I suspect a few (maybe including me) could have a rest day at some point.

The biggest obstacle is finding cafes open in France for little refueling stops. We try and stop every 30 miles or so for at least a coffee.

Remember Mondays especially in rural France, they tend to shut up shop from lunchtime all afternoon. There could be very little open. We ended up in a bigger town getting food from Carrefor(sp) supermarket because of this siesta routine. Not a problem if you're aware of it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Oh, and if you're bored with Zwift next Easter Monday you can have a go at the World Coal-carrying Championships down the road from me in Gawthorpe.

Just think of the conversation:

Work-mate: What are you doing this Easter?
You: I'm taking part in the world championship race.
Work-mate: I'm impressed

:okay:

And yes, northerners are a weird bunch :whistle:

kipster

Guru
Remember Mondays especially in rural France, they tend to shut up shop from lunchtime all afternoon. There could be very little open. We ended up in a bigger town getting food from Carrefor(sp) supermarket because of this siesta routine. Not a problem if you're aware of it.

Yep, I've spotted than. There are a few places open and a couple of McDonald's so it should be ok.

alex_cycles

Veteran
WRTL racing on RGV Funny how you end doing better than I felt at the start

I came first, but actually 2nd. One guy in my cat must have immediately jumped onto the B group and rode away, never to be seen again. Kudos for him.

In the meantime I out sprinted all the remaining Cs :boxing:

View: https://youtu.be/5bTswfzFGsg

Nice points upgrade too. It's the same in the LaGuardia all-cats-together rides. To win you have to stick with the fast bunch and hope all the other Cs get dropped. :laugh:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
There are times when I am truly grateful to have been born in and continue to live in London. This is one of those days 😁

Many times I have been glad you’re down there as well 👍😁

alex_cycles

Veteran
Next time there is all cat start, I'll try and jump on the B's.

I've given up on trying to get gold (done it once, so not that bothered any more), so I just race as an A in those races. Even in last place you usually get better ZP ranking points than the winning C because of how the ranking system works. :laugh: (But I'm not usually last - someone will be having a bad day).

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I've given up on trying to get gold (done it once, so not that bothered any more), so I just race as an A in those races. Even in last place you usually get better ZP ranking points than the winning C because of how the ranking system works. :laugh: (But I'm not usually last - someone will be having a bad day).

I like to have a race where I'm in the event, whether lead pack or further back. I want a good size pack around me to have someone to race against

alex_cycles

Veteran
I like to have a race where I'm in the event, whether lead pack or further back. I want a good size pack around me to have someone to race against

Understood. I don't do it in staggered start events. But in short, all cats together events you'll get the same race regardless of whether you're an A, B, C or D. The only difference is whether you get ranking points or a virtual medal :laugh: Let's face it. Neither of them are really worth anything, so it's a question of which worthless prize means more to you :laugh:
The real prize is the improved fitness from having pushed yourself hard. It's all good fun though.:okay:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I’m trying to limit my racing at the moment to focus my Zwift time on doing workouts. I’m trying to get into the routine of doing The Gorby once a week, a 1-minute- or sprint-based workout once a week, and a longer easy ride with a pace partner or group ride.

My wife and sons are away on Mon-Wed next week, though, so I’m planning on going to work at 6am, knocking off at 2:30pm, and doing long outdoor rides in the afternoon (weather permitting!)

Top Bottom