Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
@<Tommy> our paths may have crossed this morning, I took my Boris Bike commute from Paddington to St. Pancras and included a lap of Regents Park.....

Lots of Mamils out there.... :bicycle:

I had a small suitcase wedged into the front carrier of the bike... :laugh:

IMG_20220530_092915.jpg

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Screenshot_20220530-165329.png

Thought this was interesting for anyone that's done wtrl - dirt has a much higher premium for finishing points, looks a better mix to me at first glance. They also do a polka dot jersey and green jersey competition which is kind of neat!

BurningLegs

Veteran
On long climbs both in real life and on Zwift I often get out of the saddle to grind for 30 seconds or so, for a bit of respite and a change from the seated position.

Not sure if I do it more in real life or on Zwift, but probably more on Zwift. There are times when I deliberately ride a short climb out of the saddle e.g if I am 45 minutes into a flattish route and just want to change position for a while to avoid discomfort. I don't tend to do that on the road.

alex_cycles

Veteran
On long climbs both in real life and on Zwift I often get out of the saddle to grind for 30 seconds or so, for a bit of respite and a change from the seated position.
Same - gives you a bit of bum-relief. Change of position seems to help.

Not sure if I do it more in real life or on Zwift, but probably more on Zwift. There are times when I deliberately ride a short climb out of the saddle e.g if I am 45 minutes into a flattish route and just want to change position for a while to avoid discomfort. I don't tend to do that on the road.
I do. Love powering up short sprint climbs. :biggrin:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I'd forgotten how much you use your lower back muscles when riding, particularly when grinding up the steep slopes. Zwift riding, OTOH, is very centred and, apart from sprint efforts, I'm very rarely out of the saddle. Still, the gravel raking will help build up the core strength...
As a beginner, side planks helped me a lot with that. Started off with 30s each side, then 45 and now doing a full minute - could do more but don't see the point.

If it's an hour-long (or thereabout) race I don't think about getting out of the saddle at all - doesn't mean I don't do it, I just don't think about it. For longer efforts, I try to get out of the saddle every 15-20 minutes for at least 40-60 seconds - regardless of terrain. This prevents any kind of soreness - no matter how long I ride.

Top Bottom