Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
That shed needs some paint/varnish too.
You’re welcome any time! It also needs re-roofing - the Onduline is sagging like nobody’s business on the far pitch…

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
After nearly 3 months, ebike has new hoops and shoes. Took the wife for a little cycle around the lanes

20220531_140938.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
LBS put me on some new wheels and gravel tyres today. Quite a few canal routes around here, and gravel type roads, so can explore a bit more this weekend and not trash my road wheels/tyres

Thinking of jumping on the train either to Bristol, and cycle back along the old train line and canal through Bath and Bradford on Avon to home ... or .. get train to Newbury and cycle Kennet and Avon from there back to Trowbridge and on to home. Or maybe one Thursday, one Friday ^_^

They look Ok on the Roubaix.

1654034064939.png

Legs

Got an annoying paronychia (nailbed infection) on my finger. Had it for at least 6 months…😫

Attachments

• 6A4196B5-1ADF-403B-BD1B-AE0CD743BB75.jpeg
    6A4196B5-1ADF-403B-BD1B-AE0CD743BB75.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
LBS put me on some new wheels and gravel tyres today. Quite a few canal routes around here, and gravel type roads, so can explore a bit more this weekend and not trash my road wheels/tyres

Thinking of jumping on the train either to Bristol, and cycle back along the old train line and canal through Bath and Bradford on Avon to home ... or .. get train to Newbury and cycle Kennet and Avon from there back to Trowbridge and on to home. Or maybe one Thursday, one Friday ^_^

View attachment 647099

I do like a bike that can do it all with a wheel or tyre swap. You'll have great fun riding the canals and bridleways :okay:

Hopefully there are a few hostelries a long the way

Whorty

I do like a bike that can do it all with a wheel or tyre swap. You'll have great fun riding the canals and bridleways :okay:

Hopefully there are a few hostelries a long the way

It was Ok on the canals and gravel with road wheels, a bit 'slippy' but pretty good. But I was paranoid about getting a puncture. The new tyres are tubeless and full of gunk so hopefully will be a hasslefree bit of fun :smile:

There are a number of cafes and pubs from Bath to Trowbridge (even barges acting as cafes) so hoping similar from Newbury other side. Just hope the weather stays dry, which it looks like it will :hyper:

JuhaL

Guru

View attachment 647099

Awesome bike that Roubaix. Gravel and road bike in a same package, that raise the value of that bike even higher. Unlike my Tarmac where isn't much space for gravel tyres.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It was Ok on the canals and gravel with road wheels, a bit 'slippy' but pretty good. But I was paranoid about getting a puncture. The new tyres are tubeless and full of gunk so hopefully will be a hasslefree bit of fun :smile:

There are a number of cafes and pubs from Bath to Trowbridge (even barges acting as cafes) so hoping similar from Newbury other side. Just hope the weather stays dry, which it looks like it will :hyper:

I've been on a few of those canals, when we came down from Oxford down into London, joined the Thames, then went North from Brentford back around to Oxford. Absolutely relaxing way to travel. There were so many stop off points.
Enjoy the tubeless gravel wheels, post some photos when out and about :okay:

Legs

... or .. get train to Newbury and cycle Kennet and Avon from there back to Trowbridge and on to home. Or maybe one Thursday, one Friday ^_^
Nice bike, Carl.

If you do ride the K&A, before leaving Newbury you need to drop into Griffin's Butchers (on Bridge Street right over the canal) and pick yourself up some cooked sausages for the ride. My mum would always be sending me or my brother into town to pick up a pound of smoked streaky, and you used to be able to get seven fat sausages in a paper bag for a quid (there's probably been a bit of inflation in the intervening 25 years!)

Legs

Yeah, right hand ring finger, tho. It's not normally too bad when the skin's dry and hard, but when it's moist and soft it feels like there's a tiny reservoir of pus under there that's constantly being squozen xx(! Fortunately I'm left-handed - otherwise it would get irritated every time I use a pen or pencil.

Whorty

Awesome bike that Roubaix. Gravel and road bike in a same package, that raise the value of that bike even higher. Unlike my Tarmac where isn't much space for gravel tyres.

The gravel tyres are 32s, but actually loads of space left so could have gone a bit bigger. But for the type of riding I'll do, mostly compacted dirt on canal paths etc, they should be perfect.

Yes, I chose well when Rach offered to buy me a bike :okay:

Whorty

Nice bike, Carl.

If you do ride the K&A, before leaving Newbury you need to drop into Griffin's Butchers (on Bridge Street right over the canal) and pick yourself up some cooked sausages for the ride. My mum would always be sending me or my brother into town to pick up a pound of smoked streaky, and you used to be able to get seven fat sausages in a paper bag for a quid (there's probably been a bit of inflation in the intervening 25 years!)

You've set my expectations now on price! :laugh:

As @CXRAndy said, great way to go from A to B without feeling the need to rush as I do when on the roads. Just need to get my @rse out of bed and catch the train now :biggrin:

Top Bottom