Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
A few teams before us did just that!

Because the setting was wrong, 2 teams left the pen at the same time on more than one occasion.

Mildly amusing to watch!

All shouting ..... give way coming through .... no, you give way, no you give way 🤣

Whorty

We had exactly that a few seasons ago where the As and the Cs were visible to each other in a TTT when they weren't meant to be. Generally it didn't matter as the A's were going much faster so it just meant you were getting overtaken on a regular basis, but then a GCN rider got dropped from his squad and decided to sit on our wheel as our team at full pace was a comfortable cruise for him. We told him to sod off in chat (some messages may have been slightly more explicit than that 🤬) many, many times before he finally got the message.

Ah yes, remember that. I may have told him to feck off

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
20220811_210503.jpg

Whorty

Anyone fancy 'LeJog' next year? I'm looking at companies that run this supported .... not making a decision just yet, but I'm thinking May/June time before it gets too hot.

10 day or 14 days?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Anyone fancy 'LeJog' next year? I'm looking at companies that run this supported .... not making a decision just yet, but I'm thinking May/June time before it gets too hot.

10 day or 14 days?

I can see the attraction of doing a Supported ride, but maybe have another think about doing it unsupported.

I did it in 2012 with my Kid Brother. We did B&B's and part of the fun was sorting the daily routes out and choosing the B&B in the months leading up to it.

We took 14 days but we chose quite a rural route which was slower but mainly stunning riding/scenery. We'd only been cycling about a year so it was quite a challenge - but I consider it a "life event".

Peter Salt

Bittersweet

10 day or 14 days?
I think that the Yorkshire Beast will be my big target for next year.

I have a chap at work who did LEJOG with 'Ride Across Britain' - they give you food, full mechanical support, put up the tent for you or if you pay extra put you in a hotel, there's even a sports massage every day.

Personally, I would rather fail trying to do it unsupported than succeed as described above. But everyone to their own - you are an older fellow after all :whistle:

Whorty

I can see the attraction of doing a Supported ride, but maybe have another think about doing it unsupported.

I did it in 2012 with my Kid Brother. We did B&B's and part of the fun was sorting the daily routes out and choosing the B&B in the months leading up to it.

We took 14 days but we chose quite a rural route which was slower but mainly stunning riding/scenery. We'd only been cycling about a year so it was quite a challenge - but I consider it a "life event".

Really stupid question, but on a standard road bike how do you carry enough kit?

Doing it unsupported would be cool but I couldn't do it alone and don't know anyone else who fancies doing this.

Just doing the ride though is definitely on my bucket list in the next couple of years

Whorty

'life events' are so important. When we get to our last days, and look back, it's so important to have these memories.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Really stupid question, but on a standard road bike how do you carry enough kit?

Doing it unsupported would be cool but I couldn't do it alone and don't know anyone else who fancies doing this.

Just doing the ride though is definitely on my bucket list in the next couple of years

We put racks on the back and had saddle bags either side. We carried about 12kg of weight each which was quite doable.

We put together a webiste with blog which has all the routes etc on if you are interested.

https://norrybroslejog.weebly.com/

Top Bottom